===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan light & medium Warships

Enrique

Thanks lilstewie :P I was saving that one for the merchant ship, but can be used for reference for warships too I guess ^_^

BTW, you posted a "zoomed in" version of that image where shows the details much better.

Oh, never mind then.

Maybe put the Makara design on the front then? :brow:

ElqxMzC.jpg?3

Edited by lilstewie

Hi guys, I started working on the large boat and this is what I have so far. Triangle count is ~760, however, the ropes and sails still need to be duplicated. It's still a work in progress in terms in geometry, but before I continue, I'd like to know if you guys think if there is anything wrong with what I have so far. Thanks!

5zaPkDj.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys,

here's an update for the three sail boat. Sighvatr suggested that maybe the steering oars need to be added, but I'm not sure this kind of boat has that... so I'm leaving that out for now. Other than that, triangle count is 1080; if that's too much I'll try to reduce it. The texture is 512x512 for the render below. Please let me know what you guys think so far.

IsH8lzN.jpg

• Like 2

I quickly found some things I didn't like so I'm attaching a new image. These include, slightly larger paddles and some decoration on the wooden support for the ropes. Also, don't pay too much attention to the sails since those are duplicated planes and produce weird results upon rendering, but it should look fine in game.

GZVtcLt.jpg

• Like 3

I like it. One detail that could probably be improved is how the sails are connected to the mast. It looks a bit unstable, especially the front sail.

Edit: Also take a look at how the masts are connected to the ship on the first image (I think that looks a bit unstable as well). There seem to be extra poles to make it more stable... maybe that could help.

@Yves :

On some pictures the front mast seems to be connected to the second mast with ropes. On some other the front mast seems to be attached to the desk, and the front beam is only here to support.

But it's not very clear.

And on most pictures the masts seem to be thicker than on the first one.

don't pay too much attention to the sails since those are duplicated planes and produce weird results upon rendering, but it should look fine in game.

I kind of like the sails all splotchy and whatnot, it gives it sort of a more weathered realistic look, like they've been stained by exposure to the elements. Brilliant model btw!

I quickly found some things I didn't like so I'm attaching a new image. These include, slightly larger paddles and some decoration on the wooden support for the ropes. Also, don't pay too much attention to the sails since those are duplicated planes and produce weird results upon rendering, but it should look fine in game.

GZVtcLt.jpg

great work. , waht program uses to do that? blender only?