Trac and SVN

Atenmeses52

Is there a way that we can set up a Trac and SVN repository for our mod? (I'm awfully new at this if you haven't realized already)

I think that is an efficient way to compile all of our necessary files. If/Once it gets set up I (or Lion) will post the required links to this thread.

Edited by Atenmeses52

You should use Git :)

http://learn.github.com/

Either Git or go with Assembla. With Assembla you can set up Trac and SVN so only people with certain permissions are able to commit (although anyone can view your source with a free account).

Git is pretty awesome. If you want to go full geek on it, then I suggest GitLab. Its not too difficult to set up and its basically GitHub but on your own server.

I don't want to sound cheap, but I'd like to preferably spend no money on this. Is it free, because from the looks of it you have to pay at least $7.00/month.

Yes, personal repositories are completely free of charge. I can't tell you what they actually do charge for because I've never run into that limitation.

I don't want to sound cheap, but I'd like to preferably spend no money on this. Is it free, because from the looks of it you have to pay at least $7.00/month.

Well that is the catch. It is available for free for open source repositories. See GitHub's plans and pricing. Besides its cheap compared to a private Git server with Gitlab because of the personal management, plus the servers as well. With GitHub's plans you get reliable hosting as well :) But if you're doing it open source, its free.

Edit: zoot beat me :P