===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Heroes

Mythos_Ruler

We need good references for Indian heroes or heroic figures of this era.

Our Mauryans will have 3 heroes:

• Chanakya
  • Chandragupta Maurya
  • Ashoka the Great

I'll probably do the textures myself, unless others would like to jump in.

Also, what type of mount should Ashoka and Chandragupta ride? A chariot, elephant, or horse? Could one ride a chariot and the other an elephant or horse, or what? Need to know. Thanks.

All the Indian emperors had female guards. But maybe in honor of Megasthenes who mentioned Chandragupta had them. Put Chandra on the chariot with female guards and Ashoka on the elephant?

KYn5G.jpg

Chandra could go on the chariot unit that looks like this.

Edited by lilstewie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll probably start making Chandragupta tomorrow, but there isn't much references around, or I haven't searched like I should. This image posted above by Mythos maybe? http://www.wildfireg...26

Yeah, that looks great. The drawing on the right in particular looks great, but which ever one, just don't add the crown. Instead a turban like on the righ drawing.

Tried out the new Chanakya on the sandbox map no projectile errors when involved in an attack.

Yes, I know. It's because I modified the previous Xerxes template placeholder, and he fired arrows. But I took a look to the civ and Chanakya will not have an attack. It will be just a unit to research technologies. I'll try to make some changes soon. (maybe we could make him able to heal units also?)

Yeah, normal mapping soldiers would be a waste. Spec maps are noticeable though. Great texture! The sleeve that pokes out from under the scales would be another obvious choice for player color.

Great, will make the changes tonight.

What do you think about making chanakya heal units? On the civ profile he seems to be a defenseless unit just to research unique techs, I think that giving him the ability to heal units could make him more useful than just tech research.

Great, will make the changes tonight.

What do you think about making chanakya heal units? On the civ profile he seems to be a defenseless unit just to research unique techs, I think that giving him the ability to heal units could make him more useful than just tech research.

Well, he's also spec'd to "empower" buildings to do things faster, but it remains to be seen if such a thing will be implemented. Making him a strong healer for now would be good.
  • Like 1