Civ: Sea Peoples

Atenmeses52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've just begin the civ profile

SEA PEOPLE CIVILISATION PROFILE

Version 0.1

Edited by Zaphzaph

Nota bene : i use some ancient greek terms. My references is a book of Osprey Publishing : Bronze Age Greek Warrior.

UNIT DESCRIPTIONS

INFANTRY

Generic Name: Swordman.

Specific Name: phasgana.

Class: Swordman.

Hacker Armament: Long sword (0.90m).

Appearance: I think that would be good that the apparence of these warriors is the apparence of the Peleset ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples32.jpg ),

the Shekelesh ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples69.jpg ) and the Lukka ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples14.jpg )

Basic: .

Advanced: .

Elite: .

History: .

Garrison: 1.

Function:

Special: The Sea peoples haven't Siege Craft. But many powerful Cities like Hittites cities were fall. So i suggest that the swordman of the sea peoples can attack the walls and destruct them.

For exemple it would be very nice if they attack

Generic Name: Spearman.

Specific Name: Enkhespi.

Class: Spearman.

Hacker Armament: Long spear ( 1.90m)

Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxY4BJtoYnIYdaD-NNM6hkc2JAtY9wbi9vM7DcU_31IdZTe5FV

Function: -

Special: -

Generic Name: Skirmisher.

Specific Name: Paltaion.

Class: Archer.

Ranged Armament: Javelin.

Appearance: I suggest the same apparence of : Peleset ( so Peleset Skirmisher ), Shekelesh less armored than the swordman.

Function: .

Special: .

Zaphzaph,

Just a note on the names: What form of Greek is that? (Mycenaean, Homeric, Attic (probably not), or Proto-Greek) I would encourage you to look up some Canaanite words and maybe alternate between Greek and Canaanite names for the units.

Have you thought about cavalry yet? I'm not sure how we would go about doing that exactly... I doubt the Sea Peoples had horses on their ships...

One last question:

Do you want to be an official team member? If you do, just message me and we can add you!

-Atenmeses52

I will give an answer to all your questions :

1/ It's Proto greek form and it's perhaps the best form for me because the majority of the sea people went to the eagan sea ( probably ). So i use ancient greek name.

2/ The sea peoples use at least 2 form of cavalry : the ox-cart and the two horses chariot ( just use by peleset when they settled in Canaan ). So i will add them quickly.

3/ Yes it would be very cool to be an official member !! :yes3:

Just an update :

SEA PEOPLE CIVILISATION PROFILE

Version 0.2

Edited by Zaphzaph

Nota bene : i use some ancient greek terms. My references is a book of Osprey Publishing : Bronze Age Greek Warrior.

UNIT DESCRIPTIONS

INFANTRY

Generic Name: Swordman.

Specific Name: phasgana.

Class: Swordman.

Hacker Armament: Long sword (0.90m).

Appearance: I think that would be good that the apparence of these warriors is the apparence of the Peleset ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples32.jpg ),

the Shekelesh ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples69.jpg ) and the Lukka ( http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/images/seapeoples14.jpg )

Function:

Generic Name: Spearman.

Specific Name: Enkhespi.

Class: Spearman.

Hacker Armament: Long spear ( 1.90m)

Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxY4BJtoYnIYdaD-NNM6hkc2JAtY9wbi9vM7DcU_31IdZTe5FV

Generic Name: Skirmisher.

Specific Name: Paltaion.

Class: Archer.

Appearance: I suggest the same apparence of : Peleset ( so Peleset Skirmisher ), Shekelesh less armored than the swordman.

Special: .

CHARIOTRY

Generic Name: Two Horses chariot

Specific Name: ?

Class: Cavalry Skirmisher and Cavalry Spearmen.

Ranged Armament: A chariot with a driver and a warrior with a bow and a spear.

Appearance:

Figure(s): -

History: Only Peleset can use it when they settled themselves into Canaan.

Garrison: 2.

Special:

Generic Name: Ox-Carts.

Specific Name: ?.

Class: Cavalry Javelineer.

Hack Armament (Passive-Trample): Longsword.

Appearance:

Basic: Driver. One javelineer.

Advanced: Driver. Three javelineers.

Elite: Driver. Five javelineers.

Mount:

History: The sea peoples used to use this chariot when they travelled for quickly settled themselves.

Garrison: 3.

Special: This type of chariot can transform himself into civ-center.

SUPPORT UNITS

Generic Name: Sea peoples Woman.

Class: Female Citizen.

Appearance: white skin. Skirt, player color.

Function: Good at gathering food. Has an 'aura' that boosts the productivity of citizen-soldiers around her.

Special: -.

Generic Name: Priest.

Class: Healer.

Appearance:

Garb: .

Helmet: None.

Shield: None.

Figure(s): .

Special:

"Defiance".

Generic Name: Merchant.

Class: Trader.

Appearance:

Garb: .

Helmet: .

Shield: .

Figure(s): .

Mount: .

Garrison: 2.

Hmm ... I made a phoenician temple model a while ago, not textured yet though. I'll see if I can do something with it after my exams

but put the link with sharing with the comunnity a dropbox, g drive, skydrive link in phoenician tread thank you whn you finish it. that building have xml file incluided?.

when its finished i will put in credit as 3d Contributor

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

very very good

are basically a warrior like huns or Vikings, searching destroy Hittite Empire, Egypt and Mycenean Greece.

and have Have Armor.

http://www.salimbeti...eapeoples81.jpg

seapeoples37.jpg

There are several indicatons that the Peleset (Philistines) wandered in Asia Minor as for instance the typical feather-topped helmets of the Peleset recur in human-shaped coffins that have been discovered in several parts of Palestine. The adornments of the heads of the deceased molded on these clay coffins are again reminescent of the Medinet Habu relief. The minor individual differencies in the decoration of the helmet-circles, notches, and zigzags- may have suggested different tribes or clans.

The features on these grotesque coffins with their "calculated expressionism" which produced an effect of ",majestic calm, pride, and grave melancholy" had their parallel in the gold mask excavated in the royal tombs of Mycenae.

After the Peleset and the Shardana, it appears that the Tjekker loomed largest in the thoughts of the Egyptians. The Tjekker people took part in the battle against the Egyptians in year eight of Ramesses III. They, along with the Peleset, were a major group depicted in the reliefs at Medinet Habu, portraying the battle. The Tjekker are also mentioned in the Wen-Amon story of the 11th century BC. The author recalls visiting the city of Dor, which he calls "…a town of the Tjekker…" in Dor, Wen-Amonis forced to deal with Beder, the rular of the city, about gold stolen from his ships. An individual identified as a chief is illustrated in a Medinet Habu relief. He is bearded and wears a strange cap which remind even if uncrested some of the late Achaean helmets depicted on pottery as for instance on the side B of the famous warriors vase. The Tjekker warriors fight with short, staright swords, long spears, and rounded shields.

philistines-ox-cart.jpg

The Canaanites even if can't be considered part of the Sea Peoples coalition are often mentioned in the Egyptian text sometimes also associated with the sea peoples. A very well preserved and colorful representation of a probable Canaanite and other Syrian captive peoples is from the relief of Medinet Habu. In this images the Canaanite is wearing a " Sea Peoples" style kilt with a corselet made of several (linen?) colorful bands. He is also wearing a medalion similar to the one of the Tjekker and a simple cap. The other "Syrian" warrior behind him is wearing a decorated long tunic and a bandana. References to Canaanites are also found throughout the Amarna letters of Pharaoh Akenaton about 1350 BC, and a reference to the "land of Canaan" is found on the statue of Idrimi of Alalakh in modern Syria. After a popular uprising against his rule, Idrimi was forced into exile with his mother's relatives to seek refuge in "the land of Canaan", where he stayed, preparing for an eventual attack to recover his city. Texts from Ugarit also refer to an individual Canaanite (kn'ny), suggesting that the people of Ugarit, contrary to much modern opinion, considered themselves to be non-Canaanite. Just after the Amarna period a new problem arose which was to trouble the Egyptian control of Canaan. Pharaoh Horemhab campaigned against Shasu (Egyptian = "wanderers") or living in nomadic pastoralist tribes, who had moved across the Jordan to threaten Egyptian trade through Galilee and Jezreel. Seti I (about 1290 BC) is said to have conquered these Shasu, Semitic nomads living just south and east of the Dead Sea, from the fortress of Taru to Ka-n-'-na
Edited by Lion.Kanzen

History:

Several scholars have puzzled over whether the Sea Peoples were responsible for the collapse of some of the Late Bronze Age civilizations or simply one of several catalysts that put that collapse in motion. For sure the Sea Peoples movement was one of the largest and most important migration in history which changed the face of the ancient world more than any other single event before the time of Alexander the Great.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen