Civ: Assyrians

Atenmeses52

Committed assyrian banner, mod info file for the mod configurator / launcher and half of the templates are somewhat ready.

We could/should derive the textures from the Persian 0AD faction.

@Lion: Interesting concept. They state that the unit was a commander.

They also said that the shields may have had ornaments + be coloured, but there are nothing but theoretical hints. No archeological evidence. Thus we can live with pure bronze (outer shield metal, the inner was made from linen + leather for the bigger shields while the smaller Assyrian shields may also have been bronze only).r

@Bronze vs. Iron:

The german text about Assyrians mentions Iron swords were introduced from 900..700B.C.

Edited by Hephaestion
  • Like 1

Committed assyrian banner, mod info file for the mod configurator / launcher and half of the templates are somewhat ready.

We could/should derive the textures from the Persian 0AD faction.

@Lion: Interesting concept. They state that the unit was a commander.

They also said that the shields may have had ornaments + be coloured, but there are nothing but theoretical hints. No archeological evidence. Thus we can live with pure bronze (outer shield metal, the inner was made from linen + leather for the bigger shields while the smaller Assyrian shields may also have been bronze only).r

@Bronze vs. Iron:

The german text about Assyrians mentions Iron swords were introduced from 900..700B.C.

I only change the texture for iron from Bronze . Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Okay but Heph it was for swords my interest was for helmets. Because I already made an iron one (this is no issue i need to rework it to fit more to the last reference e.g the rounded borders that look really nice) but i was curious. About the shieds colour could and will be player color :)

@Shield colour: Unfortunately we can't colour the shields. Colours have not survived into our age. That means we need to keep them as bare bronze. (Reducing art workload as byproduct)

@Helmets: Awesome, you tackle those! The iron one is still needed for sure. Either for elite units or later with flow of time with time tag to slowly replace the bronze one. (approx. 900BC..700BC, zenith: ?, last: colonial?.) May sound confusing. Here the most important part: Thank you for modeling. It feels like you'll soon fully master textures too. Then only have to learn XML and there you go, a fully equipped artist with skills: model -> UV unwrap -> texture/paint details -> xml -> git versioning.

If we only had more of you, don't you have a twin? :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...