0 A.D. Development Report #10

plumo

0 A.D. Development Report #10

Wildfire Games, the international group of volunteers developing 0 A.D., are happy to present this week's 0 A.D. development report.

If you want to find out more about the development of this open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy game or if you are interested in game development in general, it might be an interesting read.

If you want to be part of this project, we urge you to post your application in our forums. We are currently looking for Gameplay, AI, Sound and Graphics Programmers along with Animators and 3D & texture artists. You prefer to do something else than programming or drawing? Luckily for your portfolio we are also looking for a Sound Lead, Video Editors, a Documentation Manager and Scenario Designers. Still no luck? Head to our forums and join our active community!

!!! We are in need of (skilled) programmers. Are you one of them? Redirect yourself to this thread. Your contributions are crucial !!!

Screenshot of the Week Month

VzAN68o.jpg

The Mauryan Indians will make their spectacular debut in 2013! Stay tuned.

Art & Programming & Sound

historic_bruno committed a plethora of fixes! He updated libpng to v1.5.13, fixed multilined text alignment and added a link in-game to the manual. This is only the tip of the iceberg though. For a full list of code revisions check this

. Or maybe it was this one.

stwf has been working on a complete rewrite of the sound manager. This ought to fix bugs and remove memory leaks in the code.

Pureon has finished work on the 'Crannog' building and he has also made new technology, unit and building icons. He has also finished the Mauryan houses (which are a treat!). Check for yourself in the monthly screenshot!

Mythos_Ruler also worked on the Mauryan Indians, adding new textures and portraits, among with some general balance work.

Enrique finished work on a couple of Mauryan buildings, notably the temple and the stables. Can you spot them in the screenshot (see above)?

quantumstate updated the technology code (making it much cleaner), among many other bug fixes. He has applied Kingadami's patches for adding an fps counter to the game setup and right click selection removal.

leper implemented some patches (by supertesters zoot , mimo and kingadami), stopping formation members from sliding, among many other fixes and small new features.

Gen.Kenobi added fireworks! Yes, ... fireworks. But he also got enrolled in medical school, so yay, FIREWORKS!

Spahbod fixed some major random map bugs, including the notorious "chicken problem". Doesn't ring a bell? Consider yourself lucky!

Yves is working on a javascript debugger. As we are using javascript for many things, this tool will come in very handy. K776 is working on the web-GUI for the debugger.

Last but not least we ought to thank Lordgood for his amazing design sketches for the Mauryan Indians.

See you in a couple of weeks with the latest development news!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Right about there:post-2319-0-31501800-1360559760_thumb.pn

(I did turn up the hdr settings to make them more noticeable, and as you can see it's more of a fun effect than anything useful. Which is just as well as iirc fireworks weren't invented in 0 A.D.'s time frame (note: I don't remember exactly when they were invented, so I could be wrong))

• Like 1

Right about there:post-2319-0-31501800-1360559760_thumb.pn

(I did turn up the hdr settings to make them more noticeable, and as you can see it's more of a fun effect than anything useful. Which is just as well as iirc fireworks weren't invented in 0 A.D.'s time frame (note: I don't remember exactly when they were invented, so I could be wrong))

thank you i have not idea, i was read that in trac but, no idea.

Next report due this week/next week.

They used to be weekly, yes. If I would have continued publishing them weekly they would be only half as interesting, as progress is sometimes slow, sometimes more speedy... At the current rate, it will be a monthly blog. But when things speed up, I"ll write it every two weeks.