Crowd-Sourced Civ: Ptolemaic Egyptians (Ptolemies)

Mythos_Ruler

Here's a mostly finished version of the Egyptian Fishing Boat I made earlier. Texture is shippable. It'd need a fisherman and animations, obviously.

Currently around 1000 tris, can be easily reduced to anything up to 250 tris.

post-9128-0-46707300-1377445052_thumb.pn

edit: looking at it, I'd need another band close to the top, where the width of the hull is minimal, to explain this. But other than that and some small tweaks I think this is good.

edit2: I can't decide if it's too yellow... How is papyrus supposed to look when dry?

edit3: Enrique mentioned lowering the deck (and probably the whole ship) in the water, too, which I forgot to do.

Okay, so since I wrote the animation tutorial on the wiki, I got the model in-game and tinkled around with animating (nothing really done for now :) ). I made the row a prop to the fisherman, which is currently a mauryan archer stripped bare. I figured it'd be easier to animate the model on its own later.

So anyway here's an in-game screeny...

post-9128-0-70172700-1377610531_thumb.pn

• 3 weeks later...

when we can play with Ptolemies?

It will take a while to get something to be able to play ptolemies. There are already some buildings done, and the texutres alre almost finished, but unit work is not even started (although units are usually done quickly)

When I'm done with the gauls and brits buildings upgrade I'll come back to work entirely in Ptolemies, resuming the shields and props work. (maybe you'll see some statues soon in SVN as a teaser :P)

The Ptolemaic Baris (also Ptolemaic Acra) was a citadel maintained by Ptolemaic Egypt during its rule of Jerusalem in the 3rd century BC. Described by only a few ancient sources, no archaeological remains of the citadel have been found and much about it remains a matter of conjecture.

After the conquest of Babylon by the Persian Empire, Cyrus the Great allowed the Jews to return to their native land and rebuild Jerusalem, sacked by Nebuchadnezzar II in 586 BC. While rebuilding the city's fortifications, the Persian administration also constructed a new citadel north of the Temple Mount enclosure, as part of a general Persian effort to bolster the empire's defences.[1] This citadel is the Biryah (Hebrew: בירה) referred to in Nehemiah 2:8 and 7:2, appearing as the Baris in Greek translations of the Septuagint. The origin of the word is not entirely clear, but may have been borrowed into Hebrew from Assyrian birtu or bistu meaning a citadel or castle within a city, or a fort located at a strategic position outside a city. It may also derive from the Old Persian baru, meaning 'fort'.[2]

Basically The Jerusalem Acra was a Persian style but later was Greek under the name as Antonia Fortress.