Crowd-Sourced Civ: Ptolemaic Egyptians (Ptolemies)

Mythos_Ruler

• 1 month later...

I hope so, going to need some historian help 

however, the ptolemies actually DO have 2 champs, they're the only ones with a champion warship. It's a useless champion warship currently, but the juggernaut is technically a champion. Doesn't even have a model yet, actually. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I give the Ptolemies a champion pike infantry (Agema Pikeman) in DE. Public should do the same.

Yes, sounds quite correct. Sarissa-bearing Agema remained in the Ptolemaic army definitely at least till 103 BC (so-called "The War of Sceptres" and the battle of Asophon where Alexander Jannaeus' Jewish army was soundly defeated by Ptolemy IX - then in exile; see Jos. Ant. Iud. XIII. 12ff), and maybe ever later.

1 hour ago, SeleucidKing said:

Agreed.  Though maybe a different name....?   Pharaoh's guard perhaps?   Hellenic Royal Guard?

Can be simply "Chalcaspides"; Josephus specifically mentions the brazen shields (προμαχοῦσιν ἐπίχαλκοι αἱ ἀσπίδες – Ant. Iud. XIII. 12. 5).

The process making of new animations will take at least 2 more alpha it seems to me (I would like to be made wrong). So eventially the fact that new models and animations will be in the game does not mean this unit can't be put in the game now. But I leave that up to the wise game designers at WFG. I added the Infantry Royal Guard to DE because I wanted to. Saw a hole in the Egyptians roster and filled it. No need for a committee, is nice.

• Like 3

Possibly, could the level three pikes be given different helmets from the level two pikes?  Since they both have white dominated torso textures, it's a bit hard to distinguish the difference between the two at a glance.  Or perhaps, the level two pikes shouldn't have plumes, while the level three pikes do?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...