Crowd-Sourced Civ: Ptolemaic Egyptians (Ptolemies)

Mythos_Ruler

Just in case anyone needs my help, I am learning to read write (and speak! :P )Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. I can maybe find a way to do some inscriptions for buildings (this was very common even in Ptolemaic times) Also, Even though Greek was widely spoken, the vast majority of Egyptians under Ptolemaic rule spoke Late Egyptian--I can provide basic translations for everything:

Here is some off the top of my head:

Civic Center (Palace): pr aA (pronounced Per A-A (for Semitic language speakers, first A is ayin, second A is alef)

House: h (pronounced he) or pr (pronounced per)

Temple: Hwt-nTr (pronounced Hoot-netjer)

Library: pr sS.w (pronounced per seshu

Units:

nDs.t (pronounced nedjeset)--woman, female commoner, also s.t (pron, set, meaning woman, wife) is acceptable

For Greek-based units and heroes I'd use the Greek names ie: Kleruchoi etc...

Also, here are some building references for the architectural style used under the Ptolemies:

egypt_esna_khnum_temple.jpg

Temple of Esna Khnum (The moon god and a creator god)

temple_of_isis.jpg

Temple of Isis on the Island of Philae

Temple_de_Philae,_quiosque_de_Trajan2,_tb_n110700.jpg

Funny story behind this one:

The Roman Emperor Trajan was very enthralled by Egyptian society, so he ordered the construction of a private gateway just for his personal use to the island of Philae so that he could visit the above Temple of Isis. This is it. It blends Greco-Roman and Egyptian styles to form a uniquely (slightly post-Ptolemaic) style

Edited by Atenmeses52

LIBRARY-OF-ALEXANDRIA.jpg

Possibly this can influence the CC. A good blend of indigenous and Hellenic works.

http://theseus-aegean.blogspot.com/2012/01/alexandria-ptolemaic-dynasty.html

think must be Hellenistic Period.

It is.

http://en.wikipedia....ple_of_Kom_Ombo

The Temple of Kom Ombo is an unusual double temple built during the Ptolemaic dynasty in the Egyptian town of Kom Ombo.[1] Some additions to it were later made during the Roman period. The building is unique because its 'double' design meant that there were courts, halls, sanctuaries and rooms duplicated for two sets of gods.[2] The southern half of the temple was dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek, god of fertility and creator of the world with Hathor and Khonsu.[2] Meanwhile, the northern part of the temple was dedicated to the falcon god Haroeris, also known as Horusthe Elder, along "with Tasenetnofret (the Good Sister, a special form of Hathor) and Panebtawy (Lord of the Two Lands)."[2] The temple is atypical because everything is perfectly symmetrical along the main axis.

Edited by lilstewie

LIBRARY-OF-ALEXANDRIA.jpg

Possibly this can influence the CC. A good blend of indigenous and Hellenic works.

http://theseus-aegea...ic-dynasty.html

It is.

http://en.wikipedia....ple_of_Kom_Ombo

The Temple of Kom Ombo is an unusual double temple built during the Ptolemaic dynasty in the Egyptian town of Kom Ombo.[1] Some additions to it were later made during the Roman period. The building is unique because its 'double' design meant that there were courts, halls, sanctuaries and rooms duplicated for two sets of gods.[2] The southern half of the temple was dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek, god of fertility and creator of the world with Hathor and Khonsu.[2] Meanwhile, the northern part of the temple was dedicated to the falcon god Haroeris, also known as Horusthe Elder, along "with Tasenetnofret (the Good Sister, a special form of Hathor) and Panebtawy (Lord of the Two Lands)."[2] The temple is atypical because everything is perfectly symmetrical along the main axis.

thank you now its best :), needs too much info about this mixed faction

@Lilstewie that image is brilliant :)

I have some egyptian buildings, I just need to change the textures, but It's better that we focus on finishing Mauryans first (references and images can be posted of course)

but must be right size XD, im thinking in a mod of Macedonian but with Sphinx and Obeliske and a Egyptian Gate or Front Building like my Mack Up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

but must be right size XD, im thinking in a mod of Macedonian but with Sphinx and Obeliske and a Egyptian Gate or Front Building like my Mack Up

Actually, how about we have the modelers make 100% Egyptian models (which can be used as they are for the Bronze Age mod) and then they can use some of the Hellenic Factions' building components to Hellenize them and make the Ptolomaic building set. That way we kill two birds with one stone.

I agree with Zoot. We should focus on the game first. Then those who want to go further can work on the DLCs. Besides, I am hoping the Bronze Age mod Egyptians would look different from the Ptolemies.

Im going to look up the navies and warships of the ptolemics. My library has lots of books of Egyptian seafaring for some odd reason.

I agree with Zoot. We should focus on the game first. Then those who want to go further can work on the DLCs. Besides, I am hoping the Bronze Age mod Egyptians would look different from the Ptolemies.

Im going to look up the navies and warships of the ptolemics. My library has lots of books of Egyptian seafaring for some odd reason.

I think the Bronze DLC can be done too long time after first 1.0.

why? because the game change so much, and the only basic things are that we can do for now.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen