The Big Eyecandy Progress List

• 2 weeks later...

idanwin, how you going with this? needs more ideas? i can research in my RTS games what other stuff are, that are good to have.

if i do a model for you, you can put in game?, like Blender model, you can texture its...etc etc to AO map.?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other question is for the team, is some limits for Atlas about quantity of stuff?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

idanwin, how you going with this? needs more ideas? i can research in my RTS games what other stuff are, that are good to have.

if i do a model for you, you can put in game?, like Blender model, you can texture its...etc etc to AO map.?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other question is for the team, is some limits for Atlas about quantity of stuff?

Ideas is not really what I think we need, I gathered quite a lot of them from the last Eyecandy Thread, but - of course - my list is still obsolete. What we need most is to get work done. If you can do 3D, texturing AO mapping, animating, ... or even just post pictures/concept art.

I'm quite sure that once models are of a good quality someone from the official team can add them to the game, I'm just a fan trying to get the eyecandy wheel turning. I would suggest you compress the model and attach it to your post (or upload it to Mediafire, or another filesharing service and then add the link to your post). If it can be used, hopefully someone will be willing to add it ;-)

As for your last question. I think Atlas definitely needs a new sorting system for the Actors/Entities. One that is more user friendly to new people. The current one is good, and no problem to work with ... if you know the names of all of the models by heart ... a better system would be to put them in a kind of 'folder tree' where Ruins are in one folder and Animals are in another.

• 2 weeks later...

Mercenaries more Mercenaries, time ago i talk that with Michael. i Mini Faction Discuss.

and more Special Units.

Huntress (Celtic)

Cilician Pirate

Town watchmen. (basic unit of each faction , with low armor and club to hit)

Spy

Assasin

executioner.

Special Siege Weapons

i mean that wooden barrier, and Stationary Onager

Armi_da_assedio.gif

Gastraphetes

Gastraphetes_-_catapult_ancestor_-_antica_catapulta.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Could you explain what that stationary wall is?

I think someone is already making an onager.

Any sources as to what these Town Watchmen would've looked like? I don't see why they would have clubs and not swords.

The others are added.

Edited by idanwin

Could you explain what that stationary wall is?

I think someone is already making an onager.

Any sources as to what these Town Watchmen would've looked like? I don't see why they would have clubs and not swords.

The others are added.

ok, i was recording militia in AOK.

that the roman way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigiles

The Vigiles or more properly the Vigiles Urbani ("watchmen of the City") or Cohortes Vigilum ("cohorts of the watchmen") were thefirefighters and police of Ancient Rome.

Every cohort was equipped with standard firefighting equipment. The sipho or fire engine was pulled by horses and consisted of a large double action pump that was partially submerged in a reservoir of water.

romani.JPG

The greeks:

Ancient Greece

In Ancient Greece, publicly owned slaves were used by magistrates as police. In Athens, a group of 300 Scythian slaves (the ῥαβδοῦχοι, "rod-bearers") was used to guard public meetings to keep order and for crowd control, and also assisted with dealing with criminals, handling prisoners, and making arrests. Other duties associated with modern policing, such as investigating crimes, were left to the citizens themselves.[9]

only i found this

p2_f118.jpg

i was found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantlet

Mantelet.defensif.2.png

500px-Mantelets.defensifs.png

A mantlet was a large shield or portable shelter used for stopping arrows

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

the Pluteo (in Spanish). in a illustration in wikipedia about Ancient Warfare.

this reference where was used.

http://en.wikipedia....ege_of_Massilia

A mantlet was a large shield or portable shelter used for stopping arrows or spears.

A ram was often used to break down walls and doors of fortresses. To protect the men working the ram, they would be covered by a mantlet or sheild. This was also known as a 'tortoise'. A mantlet could be mounted on a wheeled carriage and protected one or several soldiers.

ASS37_340x223.png

ALESIA%2BDESDE%2BABAJO.jpg

...After this it seemed good to Vespasian and his captains to raise a bank against the city, where the wall could be approached. For this end, therefore, he caused his whole army to fetch timber for the work, and to cut stone from the hills that were hard by. Also he caused to be set up mantlets, under cover of which the bank was made, they that built it being in nowise harmed by the stones and javelins and the like, which the Jews cast upon them from the wall. When the bank was finished Vespasian set his machines of war and catapults upon it, to the number of one hundred and sixty, which threw javelins and lighted brands and stones of a great weight, so that the Jews could not stand upon the wall, nor come to any place whither the engines could reach with their shooting. Also there was a great company of archers of Arabia and slingers that ceased not to attack the city. Nevertheless, the Jews, though they were hindered from going on to the walls, ceased not to sally from the gate; and they would drag away the shelter from them that worked, and wound the men, and they would set fire to the timber. But Vespasian, perceiving that they were able to do this, and because spaces had been left in the siege-works, commanded that these should be filled in; and when this had been done, the Jews ceased from attacking them. But when the bank had been made of equal height to the walls, Josephus,

There any records of use of this in our time frame? Just out of curiosity, i never saw any of these in any game...

yes, Roman uses in Sieges, whan they can protect Stationary Weapons or Siege builders, that create a Ramp of 10M in Judea

They are nice covers I used in my medieval games. Age of Empires 3 Iroquis uses some kind of shield unit.

very nice to have, may be in Second part.

Other units, nice to have.

TROMPETA%2BROMANO.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

How would you see these shield units/mantlets used in the game? How would it add to the gameplay?

Nice information about the watchmen!

two ways, in aoe3 that was say sighvatr are a units like that mantlets, and in sparta ancient wars see a long shields heavy. it can

work like siege armour. see ram stats, protecting "garrison" units.

Pureon its upload, Onager, Thanks you Pureon.

v8gLxas.png

A treadwheel crane (magna rola).

is a wooden, human powered, hoisting and lowering device. It was primarily used during Roman times and the Middle Ages

800px-KranIBN.JPG

To Construct building more Faster. but very weak in game.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/High_priest

Dastur : Zoroastrism.

Zoroastrianism emerged out of a common prehistoric Indo-Iranian religious system dating back to the early 2nd millennium BCE.[9] According to Zoroastrian tradition, Zoroaster was a reformer who exalted the deity of Wisdom, Ahura Mazda, to the status of Supreme Being and Creator, while demoting various other deities and rejecting certain rituals

Dastur is a Zoroastrian high priest who has authority in religious matters and ranks higher than a Mobad or Herbad

2002082601400101.jpg

.............................................................................................

Archiereus title of a high priest from Ancient Greece.

[Not Image of this yet]

kohen gadol

highpriest.jpg

The High Priest (Heb.כהן גדולkohen gadol) was the chief religious official of Israelite religion and of classicalJudaism from the rise of the Israelite nation until the destruction of the Second Temple of Jerusalem

200px-August_Labicana_Massimo_Inv56230.jpg

was the high priest of the College of Pontiffs (Collegium Pontificum) in ancient Rome. This was the most important position in the ancient Roman religion, open only to patricians until 254 BC, when a plebeian first occupied this post. A distinctly religious office under the early Roman Republic
Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...