Manual

kosmo

Some units/structures, that have errors in their xml's in alpha 12 are not included. Beside that, most works.

I'll implement the technology-part hopefully next week.

@Lion.Kanzen:

Actually, it is a bit too early to implement background-graphics, as the basic structure of the .tex-files should not change (or they will be replaced and manual adjustments will be lost).

Nevertheless, I'd prefer to have not really background-graphics as this will decrease readability, unless you mean something along "make the background look as if it was old paper". What could be done is making sketches or comparable pictures to that of the extraordinarius in the first .pdf i uploaded (see page 1 of this thread). As you can see, they should be quite higher than wide, so i don't know if this is easily possible for all units/structures. Edit: Ideally, the sketches et.c should be available as vectorgraphics (svg or pdf). Thanks for your help! :)

Another point thats quite visible in the .pdf is the short or missing history for many units/structures. I don't know if the <History> is used somewhere ingame (or if it's planned), but I guess there are some that could need some extension/rewrite -- this could be a task for someone that is willing to help, but not really skilled with graphical programms or programming

not, i speak aestethic not screen, for example art sketch/layout like loordgood drawings and micheal art concept.

• 2 weeks later...

is that, some instructions and a some Artwork(sketches). simple :)

This a Reference

http://ebookbrowse.c...-pdf-d152070601

HefBptr.png

Optimizate images, i can o that in Photoshop and Convert into PDF.

Save as for Web each image, or when you convert in to PDF, give low resolution for low height

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Well, tbh i don't really like that as a reference (although i like aoe 1 alot), since the font is a sans-serif-font which decreases readability, there seem to be problems with hyphenation (or it is intentionally ragged margin, which is normally not that good, as the grey value is not really uniform).

I'll add an example of how to include images the next days, would that be okay Lion?

Well, tbh i don't really like that as a reference (although i like aoe 1 alot), since the font is a sans-serif-font which decreases readability, there seem to be problems with hyphenation (or it is intentionally ragged margin, which is normally not that good, as the grey value is not really uniform).

I'll add an example of how to include images the next days, would that be okay Lion?

no the Art work only, don't mind the Scripting, is oblivious the Sans serif is not for reading in print system. that because i have original version the in sepia colour Palette. have some Adobe Programs for Edit PDF. including Adobe PDF Pro. is many ways to do this. Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 years later...