I want to make a Random Map. Total Noob.

Centurion

Do you talk about the size of the map or do you mean the resolution of the screen? If you mean the resolution of the screen, that doesn't matter: The resolution and the maps are independent of each other. And the maps are round, I think. You could just look in the scripts of other random maps and change them to see what's happening, that could be an easy start.

Random maps are designed in Javascript. I suggest http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp if you want to learn it.

The alternative is to go straight into the codes and try to decipher some of the existing random maps. If you have some programming experience especially with C/C++/Java, you can try this option. The game path for random map scripts is:

/binaries/data/mods/public/maps/random/

So I have a question. Have you guys created any maps that are deliberately unbalanced? Is it possible to create such maps reliably? Do you have a market like AOK?

I want to create the ideal "start game, see where the computer drops me" map. Like Civilization, but in RTS. It would specifically be for FFA, and obviously not for team or 1v1 games.

Edited by Centurion

• 5 years later...