Possible Mod Idea: Nabataeans/Lihyanites

Atenmeses52

Yeah... I was looking up the Syriac/Aramaic word for market and it was actually something like baz'ar, so they really haven't changed much :P

Actually, depending on dialect, there were different words for market. The one you found is from Mandaic, which has had strong Persian influences including the word Bazar (which is of Persian origin)

Actually, depending on dialect, there were different words for market. The one you found is from Mandaic, which has had strong Persian influences including the word Bazar (which is of Persian origin)

you are Iranian, you know how change the Traditions and Buildings Special these, the Market of Middle earstern today are same(almost) of Roman times?

I think so. Many cities in arid and semi-arid regions prospered because they were located along the trade routes and bazaars were the places to trade those diverse goods. They were the central hub of the city and sold almost anything that could be found along the trade route.

middle east are a rich cultural people.a bazaar(Grand Market/trade Income building ) may be are a special building than market?

Allat-Saudi-pendant.jpg

The (male) Moongod 'Hub-Al' was also called Wadd = "The Lover".

Al-ilat or Al-Lat ("The goddess") was visualized as the daughter of "Al-lah" ("The god") as the lord of the Ka'bah in Mecca.

Venus (Al'Uzza) and the ascending, increasing, crescent Moon in the East are still maintained as a symbol in Islam.

That is a great reference... @Lion.Kanzen (if you are still around) you should work these symbols into the emblem in some way...

i work in this Later.

but for some Cultural Knowing

Especially in older sources, Allat is an alternative name of the Mesopotamian goddess of the underworld,[5][6] now usually known as Ereshkigal. She was reportedly also venerated in Carthage under the name Allatu.[7]

The goddess occurs in early Safaitic graffiti (Safaitic han-'Ilāt "the Goddess") and the Nabataeans of Petra and the people of Hatra also worshipped her, equating her with the Greek Athena and Tyche and the Roman Minerva.

its relationated with Carthage Godess and that good, to use a Carthginan faction as Base to Modding this Faction.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Actually, religion was a very standard thing throughout the Ancient Near East, with each civilization having its own name for the same god. Other common gods include Baal (that's the Canaanite/Hebrew name)/ Bel (Assyrio-Babylonian Name), Astarte/Ishtar/Ashtaret, An/El/Al-Lah (Progresses eventually (etymologically at least) to Allah and Eloheinu) just to name a few. If we were to base the Nabataeans on another civ, it should be based on a cross of Persian and Carthaginian, but more heavily un-Hellenized Carthaginian.

• 1 month later...

Wee I finally found the thread!

I found a few references, and yes, building into cliffs is going to be a pain it the tookus, but it may work out.

having individual cliffs for each major structure is silly, I have to say. Preexisting cliffs might work, but freestanding buildings are probably our best bet.

From what I've gathered, nabataean architecture is more or less Persian with a heavy Roman influence. I have a few sketches

given their form of agriculture I would suggest a low - yield orchard type farming system rather than fields

If I'm being stupid please correct me. Just point it out- "yo lordgood that's WRONGG."

all i need

post-14999-0-40073100-1362205698_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 years later...