Possible Mod Idea: Nabataeans/Lihyanites

Atenmeses52

Your emblem is fine for now... we can come back to it later. If we want to begin working on this mod, we should start doing buildings and units and gathering references for them. If anyone has time, it might be cool to play around with the cliff-side dwellings concept. Even if we use a Petra-style building for a wonder easter-egg in Atlas, it might be cool.

Here are some general architectural references:

1) Floor mosaics: much like the Romans, but have a slightly more eastern feel to them. Look an awful lot like Early Byzantine art (this is actually from a Nabataean Temple repossessed as a church)

Petra_Church.jpg

2)Facades: The first facade is more stylistically classical. The second is more Eastern.

Petra-narrow-passageway-631.jpg

petra2.jpg

3) Interiors: I'm not sure how useful these will be, but they might help a little:237680-an-interior-petra-jordan.jpg

petra05.jpg

Edited by Atenmeses52

I'm not really sure. It seems like there was some decoration (clearly ornate architecture on the facades) but they seem shockingly plain on the interiors. There were mosaics though and I found a really cool painted ceiling image that I'll try to track down again. Other than that though, I'm not sure.

Here is the painted ceiling from Little Petra

painted-ceiling-lp8.jpg

I'm not really sure. It seems like there was some decoration (clearly ornate architecture on the facades) but they seem shockingly plain on the interiors. There were mosaics though and I found a really cool painted ceiling image that I'll try to track down again. Other than that though, I'm not sure.

Here is the painted ceiling from Little Petra

painted-ceiling-lp8.jpg

we must search a kind of Reconstruction, replica, Paint, 3d model with colors.

This might be a bit better:

Here is a city garden called Paradeisios (paradise)

Paradaesios%20reconstruction.jpg

Here is a proposed reconstruction of the Khazaneh (treasury) of Petra:

xplankhazneh.jpg

And here is the reconstruction of the great temple of Petra (from 100AD perfectly within our time period):

great-temple-100AD-reconstruction-nc-eileen-vote-bu.jpg
Edited by Atenmeses52

What you like as Civ centre?

Here is my entry in my Design Document:

• Generic Name: Palace.
  • Specific Name: Bit’ Malka
    • Class: Civic Centre.
    • Appearance: It should seem to be cut into the face of a mountain. It should look grand and heavily Hellenized. (For inspiration look at the Treasury and Monastery of Petra)
    • History: .

Special:.

Edited by Atenmeses52

Here's my entry from the Design Document:

• Generic Name: Palace.
  • Specific Name: Bit’ Malka
    • Class: Civic Centre.
    • Appearance: It should seem to be cut into the face of a mountain. It should look grand and heavily Hellenized. (For inspiration look at the Treasury and Monastery of Petra)
    • History: .

Special: .

its have aparience for now because the Terrain Flattenig, we need a Programmer

If Lord Good has time maybe he could try to make some models... :)

but for now we can work on gathering research and 2D graphics (textures, emblems etc...) @Lion.Kanzen you seem to be pretty good at that.

For shields I was thinking something small and round like in those references on the first page of this thread. Wicker texture would be good. We an also do bronze shields and put some symbols like the ones I posted before on them.

Edited by Atenmeses52

Thank you, im good in 2d, but need know how put my art in Buildings and into the game. other thinking i was is put this Civs with Other civs like a DLC Pack.

Ask to enrique how put color for each player, that we do for Each building. all i know is lef Channel Alpha(with Transparency) in models.

Ask or someonelse how mod existent content, know if you search in this forum "how do a mod" all post are use full. we need a Programmer.

i you must learn how texturing to Blender, when you know how Texturing i create the Textures in Photoshop.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

That sounds good! I can help do more design documents for the other civs. Just add Nabataea to the list! Maybe instead of Bronze Age civs, since Nabataea is not really Bronze Age, we could do it by location. LIke we could have Mycenaeans Minoans, and maybe Trojans or Illyrians in an Aegan DLC and Assyrians, Babylonians, and Sumerians in a Mesopotamian DLC, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Nabataeans in a Canaanite DLC, and Egyptians, Nubians, and some other African Kingdom (Mythos Ruler had some ideas a while ago) in an Africa DLC pack. Any thoughts?

That sounds good! I can help do more design documents for the other civs. Just add Nabataea to the list! Maybe instead of Bronze Age civs, since Nabataea is not really Bronze Age, we could do it by location. LIke we could have Mycenaeans Minoans, and maybe Trojans or Illyrians in an Aegan DLC and Assyrians, Babylonians, and Sumerians in a Mesopotamian DLC, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Nabataeans in a Canaanite DLC, and Egyptians, Nubians, and some other African Kingdom (Mythos Ruler had some ideas a while ago) in an Africa DLC pack. Any thoughts?

we need discuss with comunnity, we ae not alone XD.