Age of Empires?

In our country, copyright ends 70 years after the death of all contributors, I didn't know AoE was that old ;)

And for music covers, you also have to pay the original artist.

We can't forbid you to make such a mod, but we also can't allow you to share those works on our forums, or to have links from our forums to a copyright violating project.

• Like 1

In our country, copyright ends 70 years after the death of all contributors, I didn't know AoE was that old ;)

And for music covers, you also have to pay the original artist.

We can't forbid you to make such a mod, but we also can't allow you to share those works on our forums, or to have links from our forums to a copyright violating project.

I will have 84 years old when that happens

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The strange thing about software is it is legal to completely mimic the functions another OS like FreeDOS "Complete, free, MS-DOS compatible operating system with no enhancements or advanced features such as multitasking, protected mode operation, GUI." It is not really 100% compatible though...

Edited by greycat

Software is an other category entirely some is covered by patents and copyright because software patents are not enforceable in some counties(specificity forbidden in fact) but the corporations that produce that software are usually from the US where software patents are the norm and a minefield for all developers.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 28/12/2016 at 7:03 AM, sphyrth said:

Given the fact that 0 A.D. was originally planned as a mod for AoE, I find it interesting that this thread exists. If there was no copyright issues, then I would love to see this materialize.

Was originally a mod for AoE 2 taken Romans and Greeks as base, Rome at War. Even I ear forgotten take some art from that mod.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1