Kimball

The Great Community Map - 1.0

Are you sure? I can't seem to select the ruins/foundations anymore after placing :S

Could you please post the full name of the files which doesn't work? Would be a lot easier to try and track down the issue then :)

I asked to be put down on the list because of RL issues :P . I don't know whether someone else is working on it atm. I'll give it a try soon, though.

Last I checked, Aurium was next on the list but I neglected to bump past him when he didn't get back to me. plumo, unless you're ready to give it a go, I'll pass it on to quantumstate.

I'd be up for this. I don't think my Atlas skillz are quite up to Yodaspirine and idanwin's (both of you are excellent map designers!) but I've been doing some stuff lately that looks pretty good (IMO :P ).

This might get disorganized really quickly, but I'm not sure who to send it to next. The last three people I've sent it to have asked to be skipped.

So...first person to upload their edited version of the map gets to be next!

Community Map.zip

So...first person to upload their edited version of the map gets to be next!

To save a mess of two people both making changes to the map and then uploading I think it would be better to have the next person willing to work on the map claiming it in this thread.

It would be nice if we would turn the community map into a showcase of all the different civilizations. Currently we have a lot of sandbox scenarios, it would be cool if all these would be combined as well in an extra showcase map. This makes it much easier to compare visuals, art direction, etc...

Considering that only 2 sections have been painted (and considering the amount of active mappers) I'm not sure there are enough people to participate in a second version. But if someone takes up the organization, I'm happily willing to paint a section (or maybe two) :) 

• Like 3

@Lion.Kanzen @niektb if you are going to proceed, please consider continuing work on the same map, rather than starting a new one. This way, even if you won't finish the map, there still will be a progress in the same direction.

I've updated the latest version published here: [1] using a18_to_a19.py and replaced missing celt_* entities on @Yodaspirine's part with the correspondingly-looking gaul_ and brit_ ones. Here are the resulting map files: community_map_a20.zip

The only issue on @Yodaspirine's part I see is the rotary mill which has a different model and obstruction size now.
Roman camp on @idanwin's part looks the same, gaul buildings are changed (houses can be replaced with brit ones to look like the original ones; I left them as is, since they were initially added as gaul ones, rather than generic celt). Also cage actors are missing in both Alpha 12 and Alpha 20, I guess they are the models from this topic: [2]

Spoiler

Celts (Alpha 12 / Alpha 20):

screenshot0119.png

screenshot0120.png

Roman camp (Alpha 12, Alpha 20):

screenshot0120.png

screenshot0121.png

• Like 4