OK!

Centurion

Colsolidated and quick to read

Issies with 0 A.D.

For details, please PM me or request in this topic and I'll post here in a reply

1. Learn to Play Text is too small - make it 25% bigger.

2. resolution problem where parts of the screen are getting cut off, OR certain UI elements go off screen - not sure which

3. In-Game, selecting a unit ends up blocking half the view of the map. UI issue.

4. No known way of changing resolutoin in settings - and I can't find this config file mentioned in learn-to-play either

5. No male villagers in early ages (very weird). Why not just make them in pairs of one male and female?

6. When you move the mouse to the building list in the bottom right, there is a 1/4 second delay before the help text describing that building shows up. This delay hurts immersion and should be removed.

I'm not running into any frame rate problems njor graphical ones, but I only got up to like 50 units before red came in and demolished me. Nevertheless, new computer so I am sure it's fine.

Edited by Centurion

1. Learn To Play isn't really a prominent feature at this stage - it's just a wall of text. That could change in the future, but for now I think the button is adequate. Perhaps a "first launch" splash screen could help here.

2. Could you be more specific? Perhaps a screenshot? Are you running the game windowed or full screen?

3. The UI doesn't change size based on your screen resolution, so I'm guessing you're on a 13" screen. Since this game is highly moddable, it wouldn't take much effort to create a transparent version of the GUI as a mod.

4. It's actually one of the first lines in the config file: /binaries/data/config/local.cfg, line 25-26.

5. Most infantry soldiers are "citizen soldiers" - they can also be used to gather resources and build structures (female villagers can't lay construction for many buildings, actually). This has been hotly discussed, but we believe it fits with the concept of the game well.

6. If tooltips didn't have a delay, the UI would get hectic. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes before you're familiar enough with the buildings to not need them. As you said with getting demolished by the AI relatively quickly, a few more games and you'll get the hang of it.

Good to see another Mac user embracing the game! :)

Issue #2. Im actually using a 32" TV: I just LIKE resolutions like 1024 instead of those ridiculous ones like 1900. Also, I've got some pretty bad eyesight, and was having a hard enough time at 1024 with the game.

I was actually using 1024 x 576 as my resolution, and a switch to 1360 x 768 will fix the mentioned resolution problems. Found that out after I posed that issue, though.

However, a LOT of people still use 1024. And the game Screens are pretty small. the text is WAY smaller than what I was expecting even on 1024 though I may be wrong and just have that bad eyes. In light of this, I'd like to recommend you just DOUBLE the size of everything that's not part of the actual gameplay; ie title screens, civ info popups, the learn to play wall of text, and the other stuff.

Per issue #3: It just looks weird. Transparent might be worse. however I discovered that rolling the mouse wheel zooms in and out which helps. But there's still one problem: It's a disjointed sort of UI. I have to deselect units and buildings to actually see the map, but i have to select them to do anything which blocks my view of the map. It's tedious and weird.

Also, I want to pass along a great ideal? Perhaps you can make a "second screen and map" as it were in-game. you could micro your economy in that screen while you microd your army and stuff in the rest of the screen. It's an idea that popped into my head from looking at the Wii U Gamepad that has a REAL second screen, and racing games where the split screen gives two different views (rear and front).

Obviously I see some flaws immediately but the concept alone is worth it! maybe some genius somewhere needs an amazing idea and will end up making it based on this post.

I found if you hold the mouse button while putting a buuillding down, moving it to the left or right will rotate it. Very intuitive, quick and smart process!

Graphics are hit and miss. They're pretty. Battles only sort of feel like battles, though. I can't really identify with my units instantly at a glance. Or even a longer look. If you don't know what your doing before you battle, it just becomes a mess. I'm used to Age style, instant recognition of mine or enemy or ally.

Ok, new edit, new issue

buildings take forever to actually build! Is this a set in stone feature?

Edited by Centurion