bitcoin support

DGMurdockIII

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble with things like bitcoin is what can we buy for it? I'm sure it would be relatively easy to set up some way for us to receive bitcoin, but if we can't use it there's not much value in having that option.

Well, there are a lot of people exhanging bitcoins for normal currency, see this site for a location based list of exchangers: https://localbitcoins.com/ (some people you may even know in person).

Of course, you can also use bitcoins to pay directly, without exchanging (although the places that accept it are limited).

And it also seems to be a good investement this far. The bitcoins are constantly raising in value (http://blockchain.in...ts/market-price) from $4 last year, to almost $14 currently.

Edited by sanderd17
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

OKPAY announced that bitcoin crypto-currency processing fees are lowered to 2.5% for a deposit/payment and 1% for a withdrawal. I think It's the most simple and user-friendly bitcoin processing services. They have the best fees and best Bitcoin functionality offered on the market.

• 4 months later...

I LOVE Bitcoins, and so do many other people. For me it is the easiest way to pay on the internet (even Paypal is more work). It is true, there is little you can do, unless you live near Kreuzberg, but the options are ever growing. As stated before: domain names, hosting (link), certain electronics, but also pizzas, houses, portable board games, socks, chocolate (link, link, link), beer (Manhattan, Netherlands, and some other places), drugs (

), assassinations (according to certain people ... but these are most likely scams) and many other things .... Recently the Humble Bundle started accepting BTC and then there is the Bitcoin Bundle (but we don't want our 0AD devs to waste their time playing Oil Rush, do we?)

So why use Bitcoins?

1) Free* *Transaction costs are low

2) Safe (unless you give someone your password)

3) Fast (payment ~ immediate)

4) Easy (it's like paying cash over long distances ...)

5) Come on, everyone want to be able to say: "I'll paid for that in my favourite cryptocurrency.", "That's 17 BTCh." (pronounced "That's 17 b*tch", BTCh = hectoBTC) and "Do you accept Cubits?" (how cute is that?! I would hug anyone who says that!)

Edited by idanwin

• 3 years later...