Other RTS game you play

Thread about other RTS games you play.

I play RIse of nations, all teh age of empires, occasionally Earth Empire and of course, 0ad.

I was playing AOEIII but I ragequit since they didn't tell me nothing.

My town is being attacked, like 2 plantations are destroyed before I notice.

My ally gets wiped out, it only notifies me afterwards.

Normally, that sort of thing happens too, I build up army then look at minimap and go "wait, where did my allies go?"

AI sucks.

I wish for Rise of Nations 2. Still the most awesome RTS I played. The only one easily moddable, too.

One the best, but haven't walls and Units in Unapropiatte Ages(see Pretorians Units).

But Very good Diplomacy, Perfect Trade, Lot of Special Units(Spies, Generals, Academics), Best GUI, Best game sesion Popups/alerts. good presentation.

Very game modes, One the most Perfect RTS.

I like RON too.

The only two things i don't like:

Historical inacurancy (Praetorians in middle age, inexact age names, mayans having horses, etc).

The sounds are not cool (sword clash sounds, fire arms, etc).

The sounds aren't bad, but I do agree, sometimes the historical inaccuracy is quite annoying. They try to persist with one line of special unit all the time which often messes up the gameplay e.g. Royal Atl-Atl vs Crossbowman.

The sounds aren't bad, but I do agree, sometimes the historical inaccuracy is quite annoying. They try to persist with one line of special unit all the time which often messes up the gameplay e.g. Royal Atl-Atl vs Crossbowman.

I love to win knowing the Germans have the advantage because of the end-game Panzers. I love RoN's Romans because of their enormous territory, that with the correct wonders can decimate the enemy attacks easily, i am the annoying kind of turtler-boomer that keep only as much soldiers as needed to survive just to keep evolving economically at a mind-blowing speed (of course getting as many wonders as possible to block my enemies from having them!), be the first to get artificial intelligence, blow 2 or 3 nuclear bombs on enemies' economic centers and finish the job with tanks, helicopters and jet fighters! :muaha:

I didn't mean sudden death, i ment investigating the blue row until you get world government. If you hanen't won by then, you use it and you defeat them in one strike. Its not my only or favorite strategy, but it is the more effective :P When i think i may loose, i just investigate the blue one and surprise butt sex them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the past I played Dune II, The Settlers (I, III and VI), Dune 2000, Battle for the Middle Earth II. I also played Panzers II and these day I am playing Panzers I, I have to says these last two are my best RTS games, here is a youtube video if you don't know them:

Edited by fabio

• 4 weeks later...

I never buy them, I get them as gifts - generally after they move to the discount rack. One I should mention is Lords of Magic Special Edition (original release was badly bugged, this was much better), even though it's not a true RTS. It was kind of a hybrid; a turn-based RPG on the map screen, with elements of city-building, but with real-time combat. The combat interface is surprisingly good. An old Win 95 game, but still easily found online.

Next was Star Wars: Galactic Battlefields Saga (it's built on the Age of Kings engine). Includes Galactic Battlefields and the Clone Campaigns expansion. Not surprising that it's pretty good, LucasArts can afford to do things right. You can have the joy of sending hordes of Gungans to their deaths.

Then I got Age of Empires Collectors Edition. This includes AoE, The Rise of Rome expansion, AoK, and The Conquerors expansion. Kept me busy quite a while.

Finally, I got Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe Edition, which includes the Zero Hour expansion. You get to blow things up real good.

Edited by greenknight32