[Resolved] Website/forums/trac are all unaccessible

Lion.Kanzen

wildfiregames.com DNS is broken (no reply).

As a workaround you may add this to your /etc/hosts file (on Linux, similar on Windows):

69.65.48.3 wildfiregames.com www.wildfiregames.com
92.243.18.55 trac.wildfiregames.com svn.wildfiregames.com

EDIT: added svn also.

EDIT2: for some reasons 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) still has the records in its cache.

Edited by fabio

I still have periodic problems connecting to the site (yesterday afternoon my time), and I am using Firefox. Since this is the only site I am experiencing such difficulties with, I don't want to mess with DNS.

Perhaps it is fixed now, I don't know, DNS issues are annoying.

Edited by Zeta1127

There is still a possibly related problem: trac doesn't send me mails when editing ticket.

That's usually a problem with overzealous email providers blocking email from us, or perhaps autogenerated emails in general. I've had issues with my WFG email account, so I haven't received the notices lately, but perhaps Aviv has. In either case, it is definitely worth trying to change the email address associated with your Trac account. (Especially if you have an @gmx.de/*.net email account as that seems to be one of the most troublesome email providers.)

That's usually a problem with overzealous email providers blocking email from us, or perhaps autogenerated emails in general. I've had issues with my WFG email account, so I haven't received the notices lately, but perhaps Aviv has. In either case, it is definitely worth trying to change the email address associated with your Trac account. (Especially if you have an @gmx.de/*.net email account as that seems to be one of the most troublesome email providers.)

After a couple of hours after reporting this I get all mails of last week. Probably someone saw my report and fixed it, unblocking the trac mail server.