Fresh Wallpapers

Ludo38

I've wanted to make wallpapers from the 2 box-arts I've design recently (to see in this topic)

Both are 1600x1200. Made on Gimp + Inkscape.

I think wallpapers are one of the many fun ways we can spread the spirit of the game. Fans like to have stuffs to download ! And the Wallpapers section of the upcoming site needs some recent stuffs, indeed!

ASAP, I will work on some other visuals for the box-art, trying to cover the whole span of the game's civilizations. By the way, don't hesitate to suggest me good photo material from ancient art that represents battles! I believe it's going to be hard for the Celts, who don't seem to have much pictured themself fighting. I'd love to give a try on a Mauryan box-art.

aTJXHl.jpg

bf2WTl.jpg

• Like 2

Great work dude (y)

Not only can this go to the website wallpapers gallery but perhaps shared through the next weekly report to the fans :) (But then it would be a periodic thing... how about three wallpapers a month?)

Ah ah! No, I think one per month would be largely enough, even less. But sure, if these two first can serve the Weekly Report, that would be cool. I see that as an introduction to the box-art that is going to appear in various spots of the web soon, like on Gameolith and who knows, Valve's Steam !

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps some different sizes? 1920x1080 is what I use.

I can arrange that, sure. As an example, I see that on AOE-Online's site they provide up to 9 different sizes of wallpapers ! That's a lot!

I suggest we limit to 3 or 4 sizes, corresponding to all the needed ratios of screens. I'll think that in detail soon. Now here it's time to sleep.

Any suggestion is welcome of course. :)

Nice is probably a few compared to all the possible resolutions :P Especially if we take into account things like smartphones and tablets which adds even more sizes (and I would assume quite a few of them are non-standard ratios :P ).

I don't say we have to offer wallpapers in all possible resolutions, but the more the merrier :)

A new (and very simple) one :

1600x1200 again. First I produce a good bunch of new wallpapers, and later I will convert them to various sizes.

This one uses the texture of the website's background. FYI, this is a rock texture I shot in Greece this summer :) In Delfi if I remember well...

tWZlCl.jpg

@ShieldBearer : Waow, I love it !! Beautiful screenshot and very nice layout. Feel free to make several more like that ! :)

What font are you using for the "History..." sentence ?

I put it in the new website right now. If you don't mind, for now I only put the 1600x1200 version, and later, when we find a good way to offer various sizes in the gallery with a thumbnail+list, we'll update the other one, and why not some more sizes on this same wallpaper.

Another one, dedicated to the Celts and to the art of the game.

If someone can send me a high quality version of the Celt hero artwork, that would be helpful, so I can make that wallpaper in much better quality. For now it is much too blurry on the character.

This is the best I think we have:

http://www.wildfireg...ritomartus3.jpg

Shoot Brendan an email though - I bet he would be excited to see how your using his art and happy to give you a higher quality image.

http://brendankeough...ge24/index.html (email at the bottom)

Now horizontal stripes, with the name of each faction !

I've tried a different catch sentence. What do you think of it ?

KWtH8l.jpg

the first screen are Roman not Hellenic.

All the original files are here:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/users/files/images/Loadscreen/

Ask a WFG person nicely and they could log in and upload something like this:

http://www.wildfireg...mbackground.png

Ludo you can Help me with this? Edited by Lion.Kanzen