===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Chariot ("Ratha")

Mythos_Ruler

I really like those Enrique. I'd say gold for the chariot details.

But wait, I thought the Mauryans only had a champion chariot. Do they get a hero chariot and citizen soldier chariot also?!

You are right. There is no citizen-soldier chariot (only the Persians have that). The "three ranks" should probably just be the champion chariot's variations. They all look great though. One thing: Let's not put player color on the wheel spokes.

Oops, I misunderstood the champion thing and thought that they increase their rank to champion or "elite".

I'll remove then the two crossed axes and shield of the variation I thought for the "elite" rank and remove also the playercolor on wheel spokes.

I'l follow the setup of the persian chariots to add the driver and archer. But I have no clue how to animate the wheels or the guy holding the parasol :/

You are right. There is no citizen-soldier chariot (only the Persians have that). The "three ranks" should probably just be the champion chariot's variations.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still slightly confused about the hero chariot though; will Acharya Chanakya have a chariot?

On a similar vein, in the Mauryan Civ Profile it says for Ashoka the Great:

Mount: Armoured war elephant.

Currently he's a cavalry lancer, is that temporary or does the civ profile need to be updated?

Oops, I misunderstood the champion thing and thought that they increase their rank to champion or "elite".

I'll remove then the two crossed axes and shield of the variation I thought for the "elite" rank and remove also the playercolor on wheel spokes.

I'l follow the setup of the persian chariots to add the driver and archer. But I have no clue how to animate the wheels or the guy holding the parasol :/

Perhaps parasol guy can use one of the the pikeman idles.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still slightly confused about the hero chariot though; will Acharya Chanakya have a chariot?

On a similar vein, in the Mauryan Civ Profile it says for Ashoka the Great:

Currently he's a cavalry lancer, is that temporary or does the civ profile need to be updated?

Yes, we'll give one of the heroes, either Chandragupta or Ashoka, a chariot.

Perhaps parasol guy can use one of the the pikeman idles.

I've been trying to get a chariot working ingame using the same armature as the persian cavalry chariots (with modified versions of their .xml) without success.

I'm getting "too much objects to convert" with an empty called "twowheeler" that's present on pers chariots.

When deleting it, i get: "failed requirement: recognised skeleton structure" error.

The armature I used has both wheels correctly assigned to it's respective bone.

Could someone tell me how to get them ingame? or has the time to add them?

Blend file:

chariots with rig.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure the umbrellas were only for protection from the shade. Ancient statues, engravings and popular depictions that I have seen all seem to suggest that the chhatris (umbrellas) were made of a harder substance (perhaps metal) and protected the warrior from arrows. To give you a stylised example: https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=664&q=mahabharat&oq=mahabharat&gs_l=img.3..0l10.574.2662.0.2842.10.8.0.2.2.1.294.1307.2j3j3.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.jIQcvjJohws

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about making the simple Mauryan chariot with a single rider and horse? The riders usually stood in the chariots unlike chariots used by other civs. However, after upgrading them to scythe chariots, they would have two horses and riders, of which one rider would be the warrior who would remain standing wielding weapons while the other drove the chariot? Add scythes to the wheels and u`re done.