===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Temple

Mythos_Ruler

Something in this direction? =)

WzjJe.png

Some informations:

The model with the pillars got 19.500 Polys.

without pillars 1650 polys

Looks nice! To keep the polygon count low and to keep the pillars, try using cylinders with less faces. For example, instead of a 12 faced cylinder use a 6 faced cylinder. We can do this because when zoomed out, a 6 faced cylinder is indistinguishable from a 12 faced cylinder.

Edited by Josh

Looks nice! To keep the polygon count low and to keep the pillars, try using cylinders with less faces. For example, instead of a 12 faced cylinder use a 6 faced cylinder. We can do this because when zoomed out, a 6 faced cylinder is indistinguishable from a 12 faced cylinder.

Ah okay, thanks!

I've used 25 faces for every cylinder :/

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see you back LordGood.

My only remark on the temple will be that the entrance seems hyper narrow ! Of course we need to place the columns and they look good that way, but the entrance width feels like just enough for a human body... :P Maybe you could give more space between the two central columns. I don't think it will trouble the general look.

All the rest is superb.

• 3 weeks later...

Enrique what should we do about the lack of visible player colour on the Mauryan buildings? I mentioned it here after noticing it on the house models.

Could we add player colour to the canvas/cloth texture? (Probably not because we've stretched it on a few models.)

How about adding some additional player colour layers to the stone on the first maur_struct texture?

I'm happy to make the texture edits, but want to hear what you think :)

Enrique what should we do about the lack of visible player colour on the Mauryan buildings? I mentioned it here after noticing it on the house models.

Could we add player colour to the canvas/cloth texture? (Probably not because we've stretched it on a few models.)

How about adding some additional player colour layers to the stone on the first maur_struct texture?

I'm happy to make the texture edits, but want to hear what you think :)

I think we should try on the cloth texture first and test how it looks on the models we already have. I think playercolor will be more visible this way.

If it looks weird because the stretching we'll need add more on the struct texture. (or at least increase the transparency to get more intense playercolor)

The last option I guess would be adding details of playercolor here and there (geometry), but that would be a little more work.

Be my guest in texture edits you're far better than me. ;)