===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Defense Tower, City Walls, Wall Gate

Mythos_Ruler

Excellent model LordGood !

On my point of view, there's only one thing to change in this design : the shape of the repetitive ornament/arch. For now your version of this typical Mauryan arch is like a spade. If you look at the references and at the actual Mauryan buildings included in the game, you'll see that it's not a spade shape but a half-circle, more or less. Spade-shaped like for now on your model, it looks a bit too "Elven".

For the rest of the model, I have to say that you reproduced the original brillantly...

And don't worry for the count of polygons, it doesn't look low-poly at all !

• Like 1

the bottom continues now to adapt to different elevations too, is this better? it was quite pointy before ahaha

Yeah, it does look better. I see you changed the amount of supporting curved beams under the balcony, which fits better to the references. Good point. I would just thicken those beam a little bit. They look to weak compared to the mass of the balcony.

I'm wondering about the arch ornament : for the global harmony of the Mauryan buildings, maybe all the arch designs should be similar from a building to another... -(same structural thickness, same curve... ?) I don't know... Elder contributors probably know how to harmonize the design between several contributors ?..

Hmm, I was thinking we'd give them wooden walls. Anyone have input on this? Should we just go with stone?

As our reference photo up there shows a very good looking stone wall, I see no reason for not making them of stone.

But why not proposing a lighter/cheaper timber wall available in an earlier technological stage ?..

Hey LordGood, very nice models!

Those walls are looking very nice!

Are you able to import .DAE game files into your 3D program?

It's the fastest way to make the wall segments in their correct length and size (they should extend "below ground plane").

You can also find the mauryan texture from the game and map the walls.

If you work in blender, I can post you the blend file for the tower/mauryan modules I made. Otherwise, I'll find some time to export all I got into .daes or another format you could use.

The main problem with the mauryans are the detailed "arches" wich can raise the triangle count a lot, that's why I tried to make some modules to keep them low poly and have the same style but with color variety.

Hey LordGood, very nice models!

Those walls are looking very nice!

Are you able to import .DAE game files into your 3D program?

It's the fastest way to make the wall segments in their correct length and size (they should extend "below ground plane").

You can also find the mauryan texture from the game and map the walls.

If you work in blender, I can post you the blend file for the tower/mauryan modules I made. Otherwise, I'll find some time to export all I got into .daes or another format you could use.

The main problem with the mauryans are the detailed "arches" wich can raise the triangle count a lot, that's why I tried to make some modules to keep them low poly and have the same style but with color variety.

Thank you! I work in SketchUp, which can import Collada files. All these models currently extend a fair bit below the 'ground plane'

Hmm, I was thinking we'd give them wooden walls. Anyone have input on this? Should we just go with stone?

Those reliefs are from the Mauryans direct successors btw. Not from the Mauryans themselves, but stylistically things didn't change much between its successors and the Mauryas.

Edited by lilstewie