===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Elephant Stables

Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this a medieval building? squinch construction didnt develop until the byzantine empire

I know. I only provided it as an example of a building with multiple large doorways side by side. I'm thinking 3 barrel vaults (similar to or exactly like Enrique's new fortress) over 3 large doorways. The building would be wider than it is deep. Maybe 3x2 ratio.

Ah Ah, LordGood you're darn good !! :D

I knew you would do that ! :D

OK, great work again. Considering the remark from Pedro, I suggest you give some more space inside each box, and add windows (grid-like) on the sides (it won't be much visible from this point of view), so that it would feel less closed for the elephants. About the space in the boxes : I think there should be enough space for the elephant to rotate on herself, as a basic comfort standard. For now, it feels narrow.

Can we give LordGood a 3D model of the game's elephants to get the scale right as he designs ? Some file readable by Sketchup!

Also, LordGood, can you show us how it does with the "macaronis" (but if you scale them a bit larger, same width as the columns I think) ? That could be interesting to see.

Can't wait to see this all textured and busy with one or two elephants !

Ah Ah, LordGood you're darn good !! :D

I knew you would do that ! :D

OK, great work again. Considering the remark from Pedro, I suggest you give some more space inside each box, and add windows (grid-like) on the sides (it won't be much visible from this point of view), so that it would feel less closed for the elephants. About the space in the boxes : I think there should be enough space for the elephant to rotate on herself, as a basic comfort standard. For now, it feels narrow.

Can we give LordGood a 3D model of the game's elephants to get the scale right as he designs ? Some file readable by Sketchup!

Also, LordGood, can you show us how it does with the "macaronis" (but if you scale them a bit larger, same width as the columns I think) ? That could be interesting to see.

Can't wait to see this all textured and busy with one or two elephants !

Sketchup reads the dae files from the SVN nicely.

If we had a team of people like you the game would be done in about 3 weeks :P. One comment from me is that the interior walls look a bit strange, they are really thick.

I found some interior photos here. http://circusnospin.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/vijayanagara-elephant-stables-interior.html probably not worth putting in too much detail though.

• 1 month later...

I have yet to import the elephant and make necessary changes around it, here are the curved supports and doors, I also hollowed out the inside a bit more. this configuration doesnt seem to look as strong to me as the previous (not regarding the thinner walls), but I'm open to suggestions.

post-14999-0-92298900-1355477708_thumb.j

Ludo found me via my builds on deviantart, and he asked me to come and work with you guys. I was rather reluctant at first, but then I played the game. I was very impressed by what the alpha had to offer, so I decided to do what I could to help :)

XD that Expliain all. if you know more guys like you... you know Recluit them.