===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Barracks

Spahbod

Well, now that I got a look at the model in Sketchup I can see the source of some of the problems, you have more than one texture mapped. The 0AD engine only reliably allows one texture per entity so things like the shields can be separated as props but the rest of the structure should use only one texture. In Sketchup this means only having one material and positioning it differently on each face.

So the solution would be for you or someone else to re-texture the structure.

Another unrelated thing I noticed was the detail is supurb, but I think some of it needs to be sacrificed to reduce the triangle count.

Thank you so much for your help with these models LordGood and I hope we can get this all straitened out and get the models in-game.

Also if anyone wants a .max file or some other format from 3DS' exporter I can get it for them.

That's unfortunate... Hmm..

Amish, isnt that happening because of the .mtl not being there? You should try with the new file he post, if you havent yet. I'd give it a try myself, but I don't have blender installed atm.

If nothing works, peharps you could model in Sketchup but UVw on Blender, LordGood?

Or someone in the team will do it for you :P But it would be nicer if you could, hehehe, UVw is a pain to everyone - at least to me. :P

I tried importing it again, and I unzipped all those texture files in the same directory. The texture shows properly but, as Josh said, you've used 20+ files for it all. We usually map all our textures to one or two images, to keep the file count down. I don't mind re-mapping these guys, but if you could do it yourself, it'd be great ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late but I looked through the SketchUp model and cleaned it up a bit. I removed the shields because I believe they will be props? After that, I exploded all components and groups. I suck at Blender... so thats where it stopped.

Mauryan Defense Textures.zip

BLEND.zip

DAE.zip

SKP.skp.zip

I barely know how to navigate in blender :S

Typical response from SketchUp user. Don't worry, I'm the same :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LordGood, If you haven't time to texture them, feel free to post the buildings you've already finished and I'll texture them.

By the way, your defense tower is already in-game. Update SVN and take a look ;)

Oh that's awesome! Thanks a lot man, i really appreciate it! I'm not even sure the texture will even survive the export from SU without splitting into different files. I'll clean the models up the best as I can and put them in their respective threads, I'll start texturing after the models are done and pruned, unless you or someone else wants to take it from there.

Oh that's awesome! Thanks a lot man, i really appreciate it! I'm not even sure the texture will even survive the export from SU without splitting into different files. I'll clean the models up the best as I can and put them in their respective threads, I'll start texturing after the models are done and pruned, unless you or someone else wants to take it from there.

No problem. Thankfully I have your renders to texture them as you originally planned ;).