===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Barracks

Spahbod

Wow, that reshape was a very good idea. And this time I like the two in the center, no just the one I approved before. I'm thinking that maybe the entrance in semi-circle looks a bit like a "Circus" entrance :) , so, maybe the "grid" entrance works better for barracks, and by the way I like the idea of the walls having the same shape as the fortification walls. So, I'm ok for the one in the middle.

LordGood, you wanted barracks that look strong, I think you got them !

There's something in this building shape that looks like a huge elephant head ! Somehow, that's perfect ;)

Just a question : that 4 point star, did you see it in a reference picture ? It looks a bit communist ! :D

I agree with Mythos about the roof.

LordGood, you wanted barracks that look strong, I think you got them !

There's something in this building shape that looks like a huge elephant head ! Somehow, that's perfect ;)

Just a question : that 4 point star, did you see it in a reference picture ? It looks a bit communist ! :D

I agree with Mythos about the roof.

He got it from this image.

6F9y9.jpg

I've never seen such a thing, but those guys know more than me.

Edited by lilstewie

I've imported Sketchup .dae files into Blender

it exports fine for the most part, but sometimes it's all jumbled up. A little shake in the program will reset the positions into the right spots

If you want to send me the skp files I have Sketchup Pro which exports nicely into 3ds Max and 3ds Max exports nicely into 0ad.

lovely progress. :thumbsup:

Both variations look awesome

Don't know how it's done in sketchup, but the UV mapping in the roof texture has a seam for each face. We have to get rid of those seams.

Also, have you considered texturing as wood or other color at least one of the two segments under the roofs? Roof texture is very predominant IMO