3D Artist/Texture Artist - Alevyr

Alevyr

Hello Alevyr! Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your application. What would you like to model in first place?

I'd recommend you to start with a small/not very complex asset as a test to get used to the workflow and see how the importing/exporting works.

You can choose from organic 3D assets such as rocks/trees etc or any eyecandy or structure asset. The current structures needed are for the Mauryan faction, but the problem is the lack of architectural references from that era, but if you are good at drawing and you prefer to throw some designs/sketches of some buildings you are welcome to do so! ;)

Also to get started I recommend you a quick read of the Artist Design document. It's not totally up to date, like polygon counts and such, but you may find some useful information http://trac.wildfire...tDesignDocument

By the way, which 3D software do you use? I couldn't guess from your work examples (I'm just curious, you can work on the 3D program you want if you are able to import your creations as .DAE files)

I work in 3DS max, and photoshop. I have little experience with other 3d software (a little with Maya, almost nothing with blender). I have a fair chunk of experience with zbrush but it's probably not that relevant to 0AD :P

From what I've read around the place, 3ds max has no problem with DAE files with a plugin, so I hope that should be fine :)

Yes, no problem about that. I think some team members have Max experience so they'll be able to help if you have any problems, and of course feel free to ask any question you may have ;)

I did almost "random" sketching buildings in order to test the texture I was making for non-fancy buildings. (for fancy buildings, team member Eggbird already did one, currently used by his awesome Civic Centre)

But I wasn't aiming for specific structures roles. I should start finishing propping and commiting the buildings I already have, but I've been busy making Mauryan props, and buildings rubbles.

You can work on it if you have a better design idea, suggest changes, or if you prefer I can post what I have done so far on the defense tower and refine the design, your choice ;)