Preview Building not Matching Final Result

Tutle

This tends to occur mostly with the defense towers and houses with 2 designs. Sometimes the result works the opposite of the design, and other times it just plain random. I have witnessed this problem around Alpha 9, so it seems the problem is being carried over to the new releases.

That's likely always been a problem caused by how an entity's visual appearance is randomized and the fact that building previews are only temporary. There are similar problems when a unit dies, the corpse might have a different appearance (hair, face, clothing, etc.) and likewise when a unit is promoted. I think all could be solved by using a random seed that persists when the entity is replaced.

That's likely always been a problem caused by how an entity's visual appearance is randomized and the fact that building previews are only temporary. There are similar problems when a unit dies, the corpse might have a different appearance (hair, face, clothing, etc.) and likewise when a unit is promoted. I think all could be solved by using a random seed that persists when the entity is replaced.

Is there a Trac ticket for this? There should be. It's a problem we've acknowledged since the first Alpha.