Broken GUI on Persian Sandbox

fabio

Screenshot added in the first post. As zoot said I also only get it when the wonder is on the screen.

There's some unfinished/untested code being used in that wonder that could easily be the cause of this. Does this happen on an empty map with just the wonder, and if yes, which prop is causing the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

There's some unfinished/untested code being used in that wonder that could easily be the cause of this. Does this happen on an empty map with just the wonder, and if yes, which prop is causing the problem?

Yes, I created a map with just the gardens and it happens whenever I hover the mouse on it. What do you mean with the "which prop is causing the problem"?

The whole structure is made of different parts, one per different texture used. I think Myconid is talking about those parts:

In atlas' object menu, select "Actors (all)" in the dropbox instead of "Entities" and use "gardens" as filter. The search will display all .xml separate actors of the gardens.

Try an empty map just with the waterfalls and water to see if those are causing the problem.

The whole structure is made of different parts, one per different texture used. I think Myconid is talking about those parts:

In atlas' object menu, select "Actors (all)" in the dropbox instead of "Entities" and use "gardens" as filter. The search will display all .xml separate actors of the gardens.

Try an empty map just with the waterfalls and water to see if those are causing the problem.

OK I tried, but I cannot reproduce the problem with just waterfall and/or water.

Note that the problem only happens when the mouse is over the gardens and the selection box appears (even if I don't click on it).

When using the lonely water or waterfall the selection box doesn't appear over them, so this is probably why the problem cannot be reproduced with just these.

OK I tried, but I cannot reproduce the problem with just waterfall and/or water.

Note that the problem only happens when the mouse is over the gardens and the selection box appears (even if I don't click on it).

When using the lonely water or waterfall the selection box doesn't appear over them, so this is probably why the problem cannot be reproduced with just these.

Have you tried with the other parts of the gardens? :)

No, but is there a way to enable the selection box on single parts? This is probably the key that trigger the problem.

Note that this is only relevant in Atlas: Alt-click (or drag to select multiple parts, not relevant in this case I guess, but I just want to take the opportunity to spread knowledge ;) ) to select and thereby also display the selection, though it's not the exact same as for the full building in-game so I can't say whether it would be accurate or not, still, could be worth a try :P If you turn on the "Simulation test" in Atlas but still have the select and move tool selected you should be able to test it, but again, it's not doing the exact same thing so if it is the selection display I'm not sure how relevant it will be.

• 1 month later...

That probably explains this whole issue :P I'm assuming you're not using GLSL but rather the ARB shaders? Leper found out the other day that there are no ARB shaders for those water effects, which was causing crashes when loading maps with the wonder and using ARB shaders, so until those shaders are written he's now made those water effects not render at all for the time being. So in case you are using ARB rather than GLSL shaders what you are seeing right now is intended, and hopefully explains the original issue as well :)

That probably explains this whole issue :P I'm assuming you're not using GLSL but rather the ARB shaders? Leper found out the other day that there are no ARB shaders for those water effects, which was causing crashes when loading maps with the wonder and using ARB shaders, so until those shaders are written he's now made those water effects not render at all for the time being. So in case you are using ARB rather than GLSL shaders what you are seeing right now is intended, and hopefully explains the original issue as well :)

Yes, I am using arb indeed, which anyway is the default.

Hmm, that's bad, IMO there should be no GLSL shaders loaded unless the user enables that option. If we haven't confirmed that yet, we should go through all the current effects and make sure.

What do you mean? There are no shaders loaded by default now, it seems.

Hmm, that's bad, IMO there should be no GLSL shaders loaded unless the user enables that option. If we haven't confirmed that yet, we should go through all the current effects and make sure.

All the fancywater is rendered using GLSL. That includes both the water-on-models and the global water planes.

I think there are two bugs at play here. One is with ShaderTechnique, as it bugs out when the only option is a GLSL shader but preferGLSL isn't set. The other is somewhere in the GUI, which seems to make assumptions about the caller's state that happen to be invalidated by the water effects.