Cavalry are very fast at gathering food

fabio

The actual rates from the data files are 10 for cavalry and 1 for everything else. This is pretty extreme though.

In this page from the Wiki http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Units

Female Gather Rates: food.fish:1, food.fruit:2, food.grain:1, food.meat:1, wood.tree:0.75, wood.ruins:5, stone.rock:0.75, stone.ruins:5, metal.ore:0.75

Infantry Gather Rates: food.fish:0.375, food.fruit:0.375, food.grain:0.375, food.meat:1.5, wood.tree:0.75, wood.ruins:7.5, stone.rock:0.75, stone.ruins:7.5, metal.ore:0.75

Cavalry Gather Rates: food.meat:7.5

Don't know how current this is.

In this page from the Wiki http://trac.wildfire...ki/Manual_Units

Female Gather Rates: food.fish:1, food.fruit:2, food.grain:1, food.meat:1, wood.tree:0.75, wood.ruins:5, stone.rock:0.75, stone.ruins:5, metal.ore:0.75

Infantry Gather Rates: food.fish:0.375, food.fruit:0.375, food.grain:0.375, food.meat:1.5, wood.tree:0.75, wood.ruins:7.5, stone.rock:0.75, stone.ruins:7.5, metal.ore:0.75

Cavalry Gather Rates: food.meat:7.5

Don't know how current this is.

for me its fine. i love use corral and use cavalry to duplicate fast my food stock.

I am very happy with the current configuration for the cavalry because I use corrals to generate food and free up population for other use. This is one of the few advantages I have over the AI who consistently out produce me on wood, stone, and metal. While I am slowly getting my economy going and working on defenses to protect me from early assualts, the AIs are often out gathering stone and metal from the neutral areas.

The corral and cavalry have to have a definite advantage over the field and females otherwise I don't see any need for the corral.

The corral is only really useful later in the game when you can save on population, the food which is being locked up by training sheep is too valuable early in the game, fields are much better. Also when looking at your food production stats are you taking into account that 50% of the food you produce is being used to create sheep?

I find it very useful in the beginning also. Once the berry bushes are picked and chicken hunted ;), I fire the corals. The farming is too vulnerable for raids (it's easy to destroy a farm field, female citizens are not well defended). While corals help a bit against raids. If you have lots of sheep walking around, the AI likes to kill those sheep. You've lost nothing, but the AI lost some time. And you can use your cavalry, which has a quite well defence.

But the main problem with farming is, you're left with a huge bunch of female citizens afterwards, and they work too slowly on other tasks. As the coral is clearly gaining food faster than the farm fields can in a later stage.

Anyway, that's how I feel now, with the fast gathering cavalry. Maybe that will change later on ;)

And I do realise I'm putting 50% of my food back into the corral, but I tend to have 10 times more food produced in the end than the AI players. With 50% off, that's 5 times more, without using up the population cap.

Btw, it's funny though that the sheep count as units. When I looked at the stats last time, I had 385 units created, 18 units lost, and that with a population cap of 300.