0 A.D. on german wikipedia

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:L%C3%B6schkandidaten/6._Oktober_2010#0_A.D._.28gel.C3.B6scht.29

That discussion doesn't seem to be very objective. Even the tone of some comments is quite insulting.

382295 downloads between July 2010 and now only on sourceforge (not counting all the installations via package management on Linux and downloads from other sources) confutes both the argument that it's unreleased and that it's not widespread enough.

Generally speaking, the various Wikipedia projects tend to have an inherent bias against free, open-source software. Their sourcing policies are stuck in the pre-Internet era, focusing heavily on professionally-edited publications that are rare in the FOSS niche (particularly when it comes to games).

The German Wikipedia is reputed to be the worst of the lot when it comes to notability, so it's unsurprising that 0 A.D.'s article was deleted. As far as I know, the project was taken over by deletionists a few years ago and they've been on a heavy-handed rampage ever since (note the huge swath of Linux distributions also up for deletion on that same archive page).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://de.wikipedia....el.C3.B6scht.29

That discussion doesn't seem to be very objective. Even the tone of some comments is quite insulting.

382295 downloads between July 2010 and now only on sourceforge (not counting all the installations via package management on Linux and downloads from other sources) confutes both the argument that it's unreleased and that it's not widespread enough.

The English one seems to work on the basis that something minor, that is not an ad, will be notable to someone. I think they are setting themselves up for irrelevance if they have a prejudice against things Open Source.

• 1 month later...

Good! I was a bit confudes about the block due to "not enough relevance". Would like to know what kind of person did that... a general game hater, a person who distrusts open source or fighting for programmers able to earn their life with "professional" (whatever that would mean) programs? For myself I can't find a good reason but didn't have any problem with the German Wikipedia in the past as well.

Well, glad the article is there now.