CD Art Concepts

BrynnOfCastlegate

I like it! :)

I agree with Enrique, make the outer ring skinnier and the images bigger. Also, maybe we shouldn't use screenshots on the label, as that says "bootleg" to me. ;) How about two angry warrior heads, one on the left and one on the right, facing each other (like a staredown, this sort of situation). Don't know if there's any existing concept art that you could use.

If you want, you could also try other round shapes that fit the shape of a CD. e.g. shields, coins.

Better yet, use elements of decoration from ancient greek vases. Now, there's something interesting that I've never seen done before...

Better yet, use elements of decoration from ancient greek vases. Now, there's something interesting that I've never seen done before...

Very classy, IMO, especially if it would be light on text.

No reason we can't have several designs, of course.

The 'staredown' was used on the boxes of the original Warcraft, though, so it might seem a bit cliché to RTS fanatics:

Warcraft_-_Orcs_%26_Humans_Coverart.png

I made this DVD cover for 0 A.D. a while ago. I mentioned in in my first post on the forums. Unfortunately, my school didn't see the need to mention to anyone that all your data gets deleted over the summer, so the PSD file is gone forever. I spent a lot of time on this, though.

GFS2K.jpg

Edited by mk12
  • Like 1

I like the design. One thing that I think could be changed is that when you make the cross/ring so large it si very obvious how sharp the edges are. This contrasts with the rough texture, I think it would be better to have a rougher edge. Perhaps if there is a 3d model available a normal/displacement map could be produced and it could be rendered very nicely.

That is a pretty nice cover!

I combined the "0" CD with the unit art CD. Let me know what you think! Would it look better with two images on opposite sides, or is one large image better?

--Brynn

Looks nice - I'm not so sure about the way the guy's spear pokes into another 2 quadrants though, perhaps you could make him a little smaller to fit into one quadrant?