Diplomacy + AI?

ralphierocks

Hey,

Me again. Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just super pationate about what you guys are doing and too eager to wait for updates lol. I had two quick questions for you:

1. Are you going to include diplomacy in the game. That was something that was totally overlooked in the AOE Games, the ability to form even loose alliances with the computer and then betray them or encourage them to do your bidding. I think diplomacy would have brought so much flavor to the AOE series and I would really enjoy seeing it implemented in your game!! :)
  2. The computer AI, I know I mentioned something about this before but I was wondering when a player increases the difficulty against a computer opponent is it going to only give the computer AI a gather multiplier or is it going to actually affect their AI and behaviors? Basically will it give them a handicap or will they be more intelligent and strategic?

Thanks again for keeping this thing going so long and working so hard on it. A special thanks for taking the time to talk to the community and keep us informed about the progress and ideas!!

We do intend to include some kind of diplomacy, it will have to be seen how complicated it will be for the first release though. It might be as simple as in AoK where you could set Ally, Neutral, and Enemy and tribute resources, but hopefully it will be a bit more complex than that :)

Hopefully we will only have to include multipliers and similar things on the hardest difficulty. We will have to see what the AI programmer's can come up with though ;)

We do intend to include some kind of diplomacy, it will have to be seen how complicated it will be for the first release though. It might be as simple as in AoK where you could set Ally, Neutral, and Enemy and tribute resources, but hopefully it will be a bit more complex than that :)

I have been working on diplomacy some time ago and something like AoK diplomacy is already working locally, but it could (and probably will) take quite some time to finish and enhance it.

Hopefully we will only have to include multipliers and similar things on the hardest difficulty. We will have to see what the AI programmer's can come up with though ;)

I have been working on diplomacy some time ago and something like AoK diplomacy is already working locally, but it could (and probably will) take quite some time to finish and enhance it.

Sounds great I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for it. Would like to see a tad more options than AoK but hey, your game is already so awesome I can't really ask for more!! Great work guys :D