Should soldier build things faster than female worker?

rjs23

I've noticed that female workers seem to construct at the same rate as the citizen soldiers would construct. I find it odd, especially when female were not equally capable as soldiers when it comes to building in real life considering they had more trainings and workout than female workers.

Soldiers should be able to build faster. Their construction rate could be based on their strength (weapon damage perhaps?) and their energy (used for running?) instead of static flat rate.

As they build, their energy goes down slowly. When energy are depleted, they build perhaps at the same rate as the female. Lost energy recovers overtime.

Edited by rjs23

I've noticed that female workers seem to construct at the same rate as the citizen soldiers would construct. I find it odd, especially when female were not equally capable as soldiers

Reported to FeministMovement.org prepare for 100's of angry women waiting for you. ^^

Jokes aside, iirc I read somewhere that soldiers construction or gathering rate is boosted if female units are nearby. Don't know if i'm mistaken or it's not implemented. But yeah, I think soldier's construction rate should be faster too, but from a flat rate, nothing fancier than that.

• Like 1

Reported to FeministMovement.org prepare for 100's of angry women waiting for you. ^^

Jokes aside, iirc I read somewhere that soldiers construction or gathering rate is boosted if female units are nearby. Don't know if i'm mistaken or it's not implemented. But yeah, I think soldier's construction rate should be faster too, but from a flat rate, nothing fancier than that.

lol, oh noes! I'm denying creating this thread now!

Anyway, I only heard that female worker can enhance the gathering rate but I don't know if it actually applies to construction rate. I'll have to look into that, since I'm not sure. Glad you brought that subject up because thats something I could add to my AI project if that is indeed the truth about female boosting male in construction.

Anyway, I only heard that female worker can enhance the gathering rate but I don't know if it actually applies to construction rate. I'll have to look into that, since I'm not sure. Glad you brought that subject up because thats something I could add to my AI project if that is indeed the truth about female boosting male in construction.

The bonus is not implemented yet, and iirc it's only meant to be for the gathering rate. Would be fine with me if it applied to the construction rate as well though.

Hmm I'm not sure we should disadvantage females too much. If all they can do is gather a few resources faster, but build slower, aren't able to place military or defensive building foundations, and on top of that have no attack, it seems too much disadvantage to even train them. It may be good for historical accuracy and realism but is it good for gameplay and balance?

Actually as with gathering I would expect soldiers to become less proficient at building over time, despite strength, as they will be focusing on combat skills instead of carpentry :P

Hmm I'm not sure we should disadvantage females too much. If all they can do is gather a few resources faster, but build slower, aren't able to place military or defensive building foundations, and on top of that have no attack, it seems too much disadvantage to even train them. It may be good for historical accuracy and realism but is it good for gameplay and balance?

Actually as with gathering I would expect soldiers to become less proficient at building over time, despite strength, as they will be focusing on combat skills instead of carpentry :P

What if there were some restriction, like at least one fifth of the population must be made of female workers?

Hm, perhaps... combining with Pedro's statement:

More female worker leads to faster training rates (because female enable population growth) but can't boost construction. No female worker could lead to penalized training rate.

More cizitensolider lead to faster building construction but lacks boosting training rate.

Edited by rjs23

Maybe males will fight better and build faster if there are women around?

4 men and 1 woman could work much faster then 5 of each. This is very realistic, you know. ;-)

+1 :declare:

Need to implement "wunderwuman" cheat:

Spawn female citizen with hero hitpoints and attack, so other players that sends their army to after this particular unit will be very surprised to get their *ss kicked :lol2:

+1, too! :kiss:

What about the following:

In the original Age of Empires (Rise of Rome expansion) you could research Logistics : "Barracks units (except Slingers) only count as half units toward your population, so you can essentially exceed the population limit by building Barracks units."

If we do the same for women, they become much more valuable overall.

What about the following:

In the original Age of Empires (Rise of Rome expansion) you could research Logistics : "Barracks units (except Slingers) only count as half units toward your population, so you can essentially exceed the population limit by building Barracks units."

If we do the same for women, they become much more valuable overall.

Ooh, that would indeed be a nice way to do things. I would suggest we do it in the City Phase though, so you still need to build houses etc earlier to keep producing more units, but to get a way to free up some pop space in the late game :)

• 3 weeks later...