different building models and effects based on phase

System Error Message

I agree too. The civ center is a building you'll certainly be looking at throughout the game, so changing that building over the phases should work.

As we have two models for the greek docks and one of them has some big ships in it while the other doesn't, couldn't we change the greek docks too?

It seems strange to build a dock with two big ships in it you can't even produce yet.

• 3 months later...

what about being able to research additions and upgrades to existing structures in the later phases? Maybe upgrading a house would raise it's health and population bonus, as well as look more upper class. This way we can have more realistic looking poor and rich districts and add to the city building capabilities of the game. I'm all for making temples and civ centers look grander.

what about being able to research additions and upgrades to existing structures in the later phases? Maybe upgrading a house would raise it's health and population bonus, as well as look more upper class. This way we can have more realistic looking poor and rich districts and add to the city building capabilities of the game. I'm all for making temples and civ centers look grander.

Dude, If you get around doing it, i'm sure no one will complain, why would they? I like to see things changing visually when i upgrade them, it gives me the feel that i really advanced.

you are very good create buildings, may be you can propose the Civ Center change in Every Phase. Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Well, in this list http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TechModifications at the last row it seems the visual actor modifier is planned, and with that available it's possible to change the visual actor of the building from one to another. Or anyway, is there a way to "promote" a building? And would it be possible to promote it with a techology, like city phases? If so, these could be two good solution I think.

I would go for promoting individual buildings for more aesthetic control, but I'm sure there is an artist's bias here. The casual gamer might not want to bother. We can get to that after we get the models done, if we have the labor and time.

@Gen.Kenobi I have learned to navigate and build SketchUp fairly quickly over the years, Though messy at first I can clean them on export. I figure this is much more efficient than starting the learning curve on a much more complex program all over again. Blender is quite an oddball as far as the user interface goes, I've stumbled through it enough to figure that out.

I'll check out those tutorials Gen.Kenobi

I'm using an outdated version of Sketchup and everything :P (don't want to lose my plugins so I'm still at version 7.2)

Blender would open up new avenues of exploration, if a bit slowly at first.

I'm comfortable with Sketchup's instancing system, which lets me work extremely quickly and efficiently. I'm going to slug through on blender, and might not be as big of a help. I have four years of sketchup use and nearly 300 SU models under my belt, after all.

I have some houses and possible advances, perhaps a population/hitpoint one, and storehouse conversion

just something to think about

I do think we ought to have varied storage facilities

post-14999-0-92113500-1356233900_thumb.j