[SOLVED] VSE 2010 build issues

Loki1950

Been trying to get a clean build with VSE2010 but two sub-projects fail one I am sure is due to wxWidgets which maybe due to this little note I found in wxWidget's setup.h

// Setting wxUSE_GLCANVAS to 1 enables OpenGL support. You need to have OpenGL
// headers and libraries to be able to compile the library with wxUSE_GLCANVAS
// set to 1. Note that for some compilers (notably Microsoft Visual C++) you
// will need to manually add opengl32.lib and glu32.lib to the list of
// libraries linked with your program if you use OpenGL

both libs are in the MS SDK at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib how do I get VS express to see them more used to the *nix tool chain so at a bit a loss.I am attaching the build log so that the cognstii may find what else I've missed.

Enjoy the Choice :)

VCE100buildlog.txt

I don't think you have to add those libs manually, they are already part of our project. The errors are simply indicating that GL support is not enabled (yet) in your wxWidgets libraries.

Did you build wxWidgets yourself or acquire the prebuilt win32 libs? There may be some problems if you tried building wxWidgets on VS 2010 since it's not supported. Otherwise, be sure to set wxUSE_GLCANVAS to 1 as the comment explains, we do need the GL canvas enabled for Atlas.

I used the prebuilt libs and copied the include and lib folders into the libraries\wxwidgets folder of my local SVN repo and yes wxUSE_GLCANVAS is set to 1 in C:\Users\Public\Documents\sandbox\0AD\libraries\wxwidgets\include\wx\msw\setup.h just reverted my repo so I can use the new build for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok managed to build wxWidgets from the wxPack that myconid pointed me to there is a Windows bat file that will build the libs with VC6 to VC10 with the following options

vc100 ALL

just run it twice copy the include and lib folders to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\sandbox\0AD\libraries\wxwidgets folder run the update-workspaces batch file( what I forgot to do) this will then let you build Atlas without errors.Still have a few more errors in my build log but I will start a new thread for them.

edit:could some one add a solved tag to the thread tile for those that follow.

Edited by Loki1950