Autumn textures for temperate biome

Spahbod

Reminds me of some AOE3's screenshots (which is a good thing). It's perhaps a little too saturated, and a little too orange (needs small blots of green here and there, some more yellow stuffs, some more fed). It also looks like you painted grass, when it look more like leaves to me (I'm not sure what you exactly did, though).

edit: but overall, it's gorgeous!

Edited by wraitii

IMO, I think it needs more orange... First one will always be the best one in my opinion.

I agree with you, the first one looks amazing! In my opinion it isn't that unrealistic, in many places the grass does start to go brown or at least a lighter shade of green especially when you get closer to winter. For example:

http://cranemania.wi...log-may-09.jpg

That is a picture of the South African Highveld which is considered to be a temperate climate.

Edited by Thanduel

I think your first orange was in fact perfect for leaf-litter, though the existing leaf litter texture can do too. As to the grass, it depends an what you are looking for. Grass doesn't change color like deciduous trees, it can however brown due to a lack of rain, as in the South African pick.

If this is supposed to be a like a New England (or England for that matter), I think their is enough rain so the grass wouldn't change color at all (it would just be covered with leaves, and in a clearing or meadow there wouldn't be less leaves for that matter.

In the steppes of Asia, western United States, that place in South Africa I guess (If that counts as Savannah probably other Savannahs too), the grass would dry out (what ever season that might be). AFAIK, the dry grass is tends to be less orange and more brown-yellow like the grass in the foreground of the South African picture. Not really sure what's making the grass so orange in the middle of the valley though, never seen grass like that before.

• 2 weeks later...