Of water and waves

wraitii

I confirm this is because of my setting tweaks: since settings are for the whole maps, to make the river look normal, I had to reduce waviness, hence why the waves look better. Furthermore, indeed the "old" screenshot shows the black posts bug but I believe I fixed that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just committed some fairly extensive behind the door changes to the water code: it no longer uses textures but rather vertex data for rendering the foam. Please report any issue that could arise. It should be faster for rendering but it's most likely unnoticeable.

• 1 month later...

I can compliment about many things of 0 A.D. The design, the art, the gameplay, the modability, the communication with players etc.

Not to belittle any other stuff, but the water is one of the prettiest things, and it doesn't outshine the other environment. Great work!

A bit off-topic, so don't respond to it here:

The most important thing, besides things like performance, I think 0 A.D. could use is more depth to stand it out more (and being able to make it as deep as you want yourself; so casual gamers to hardcore gamers can both enjoy it). Additions are always good of course (I'm mainly talking about new factions and stuff like that, and I mean it, I enjoy additions. Not the most important but always good).

Edited by Unarmed

• 2 weeks later...

is very amazing, congratulations dude. what are the minimum requisites for run this graphics?

You need a graphics card that supports GLSL (1.10, I believe), which should be almost any from the past 6 years or so. It's probably more complicated than that, but a decent graphics card should do the trick. You can enable all the fancy water settings by editing the game's config file or using the in-game settings menu.

• Like 1

The tiling does look abnormally present here... I'm guessing it's the angle of the picture, at some angle it looks really visible… I'm not sure there's an easy way around it unless we get new animated animations though.

Anyhow, really cool settings, Mythos!