===[TASK]=== Rocks! - Don't they rock?

Gen.Kenobi

Now committed:

dCAjJ.jpg

I really believe that I should start doing some metal mines... But, I really don't know how would they look like... Hmm... Does anybody knows good reference images?

Gen.Kenobi, congratulations for your rocks ! They are very good. (I particulary love the ones in the previous pages)

However I'd like to say that on this picture, I find the finger-shape (the white rocks) exagerated, looking a bit too fantasy, too strange for 0AD. Maybe just making those "fingers" shorter would already look more realistic.

And also (but I don't see clearly on this pic), the darker ones look a bit too much like towers or piles of rocks that we don't really see in nature. Most of the time in nature, the mass is larger at the bottom than above. Arches and "tables" do exist in nature, but I believe they would look more eroded (maybe a softer texture...) or feeling a bit different..

Well, my comment comes very late in this thread (the last comment here was 21 august) so, no worries if it's too late to change those details. I just thought I should point them.

Hey Ludo38!

Thanks for your feedback. However I just followed the reference that I was given a few pages back.

...Some custom and cool looking rock formations for the Desert biome, specifically for the Neareastern Badlands map. Examples:

cappadocia01.jpg

As you can see they are finger-shaped :P But I'll see what I can do when i get the time, although Mythos said that they were okay... :)

I would actually like to have some more outlandish shapes, especially for sea rocks and desert rock formations. :)

I've also been toying around in my head with the idea of adding "quarry" objects to the game like this: http://www.turbosqui...676093/r/3/i/22

Basically, the "rock formations" we have now would be the player's starting mines (and may dot the landscape every now and then), but the real sources of stone and metal on the map would come from large open-pit quarries like above. These would be less numerous and generally stick out of the sides of mountains and hills.

• 3 weeks later...