3D artist application

Hi,

i'd like to join Wildfire games team and contribute to 0AD by creating game assets.

Examples of work:

https://www.dropbox..../1/0AD?h=066344

Position: 3D modeller/Texture Artist

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name:

Dominik

Helsinki, Finland

Availability:

I'm on Skype available to chat most of the time, i’m able to work around 5-7 hours a week, maybe more.

Worked as a Media designer, currently studying Industrial Design

Skills and Experience:

Maya (modeling, texturing), Photoshop (GUI, textures), UDK.

Motivation:

My favorite childhood game was pharaoh, i would love to contribute to a similar project. I love history.

Short Essay:

I was looking for a game similar to Pharaoh to which i could contribute, 0AD is a perfect match.

Interests and Hobbies:

History, Fishing, Design.

Community:

Polycount, Gameartisans, CGfeedback

Favorite Game:

Strategy games and Alan wake, Mafia 2.

Edited by hhio

Hi Dominik, welcome to the forums and thanks for your application :)

Initially I just want to say I think your work looks fantastic, so lets get things moving. I notice you didn't leave an email address in your application - could you therefore email me on pureon@wildfiregames.com where we can talk privately. We also need to work out how 0 A.D. copes with files from Maya - the majority of us use Blender now, but it should be fine.

Would you be interested in working on the new Mauryan civ with us? See some early mockups here