I want to Contribute [Programmer/Designer/Civilization Expert]

Hi guyz,,

After listening to your interview on source forge,I played your game yesterday and it's awesome. Even I would like to contribute from my side to this noble task.

I am a Software Engineer. Sometimes I also do Graphic Design. I will be digging into your design documents and code base from tomorrow and will help as much as I can.

Here is a brief description of my skill set:

1. Programming: I have been working as a full-time software engineer from last one year before that in college I have been working on a lot of freelance Applications, using JAVA and .NET technologies. I have also designed and developed a 3D racing game using OpenGL.

2. Designer: I can use my design skills to add more detail to your graphical entities like (soldiers/weapons etc.). Also I can design new campaigns or improve the existing ones.

In the source forge interview it was mentioned that you guyz are coming up with the Indian (Mauryan) civilization. I belong to the same country and grown up listening/reading the stories of Chandragupta Maurya. If there is any information/help you need regarding it, I will be glad to help.

Below is the formal Application form:

[b]Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?[/b]

Yes

[b]Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under [url="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"]Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license[/url]?[/b]

Yes

Name: Sudhanshu Nautiyal

Email: nautiyal.sudhanshu@gmail.com

Availability: 10 hours/ week on average, shouldn't fall below 8, can give more time on weekends.

What Keeps you busy in life:

Working as a Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments (this is my first full time job) from almost last 8 months.

Skills: Programmer, Graphic Designer.

Motivation: I love solving problems and take on new challenges.

Personality: Perusal of Knowledge and achieving a sense of creation are two passions govern my life.

Hobbies: Music, Writing, Reading novels, Games, Astrology.

Frequently visited Communities/Websites: stackoverflow, ArsTechnica, sourceforge etc.

Favorite Game: Kingdom of Amulak (is the recent one I liked), eagerly waiting for Assassin's Creed, AOE series is my all time favorite.

Thanks for an awesome opensource game.

For programming, please see: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GettingStartedProgrammers for how to get started :) Any questions you have feel free to post in this thread, in the technical discussion forum, in specific tickets or in the IRC channel :)

For design, do you have any existing work you can show us?

For the Mauryan civ, please join in the discussion in this topic: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16056