Forum Upgrade Complete

bstempi

Logout used to work. Someone at some point edited the templates and it converted '&act' into '%A7' for all links.

The same bug used to affect the mark as read link, but I fixed that one.

I wonder if this is a character encoding issue with one of our browsers. I don't think any one would intentionally edit those links -- that just seems strange.

I'm having difficulty with the search tool. The search doesn't seem to bring up posts before 2011. Also, when I look at a member profile (part of the retired group) and go to look at their posts, it won't pull any of their posts or topics. Can this be duplicated and possibly fixed?

I'm having difficulty with the search tool. The search doesn't seem to bring up posts before 2011. Also, when I look at a member profile (part of the retired group) and go to look at their posts, it won't pull any of their posts or topics. Can this be duplicated and possibly fixed?

I took a look at the search problem. Using advanced search, I set my search range between 2008 and 2011. I got results from before 2011. Also, I noticed that the default is to sort results by the last time the thread was modified. It appears that it'll find posts from further in the past, but it's the thread's date that appears.

I'll look into the retired user issue.

My initial guess is that the system pulls the posts from the last X unit of time. I was able to find some retired users that are still active and have items pop up in their feed (Centurion_13), and then users who haven't been active for years and have nothing in their feed (Curufinwe). Based on the dates I'm seeing, I'm guessing the limit is 1 year.

I'll dig deeper and confirm.