Multiplayer

Concon1

My friend and i have this game, both on Mac, i have Snow Leopard and he has Lion, the game works we can play offline skirmishes against AIs.

BUT, we cant seem to connect to each others servers, well we actually dont know how to set up a server, we can host game, but the other cant join.

I read something about the port 20595, i have port forwarded that and gave my friend the IP but he still couldnt join.

Can someone please give me a simple (no technical stuff) answer on how we can join each other.

Thanks.

-PS this game is awesome. Love it.

Edited by Concon1

Just to get the absolute basic things out of the way: are you 100% sure it's an external IP and not an internal? (I.e. one that can be accessed from the internet and not just via a network.)

Have you both allowed 0 A.D. to connect to the internet in any possible firewalls/antivirus programs etc?

we didnt get any error messages, just said connecting to server and didnt connect, it could do it for days and wouldnt connect.

i downloaded the game a day before him only a few days ago so it is the latest and same, as for SVN i dont know what that is

we tried again today, i tried my IP with :20595 on the end after it was port forwarded and it said (on his screen) failed to connect to server.

You haven't mentioned your friend's firewall or router, can you confirm those are also allowing 0 A.D. to make a connection? You appear to have done everything correctly at your end.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...