construction of buildings and units

hackpaci

If you select two or more buildings (identical) and begin to recruit units, the units will be recruited only in one of the buildings.

The rest need to hire in the manual.

You can do that they were recruit in all selected buildings?

in the construction of the sheep in a pen, they can not be controlled.

can make it manageable?

Use the "shift" can be put on the construction of several buildings.

If they are close, then under construction.

If far away, it is not under construction.

Units run to the last building of forgetting about the first.

Can write in Russian?

При выборе двух и более зданий (одинаковых) и начать набирать единицы, единицы будут привлекаться только в одном из зданий.

Остальное нужно нанимать в ручную.

Вы можете сделать, что они вербовались во всех выбранных зданий?

при постройке в загоне овец, ими нельзя управлять.

может сделать их управляемыми?

С помощью клавиши "shift" можно поставить на строительство несколько зданий.

Если они стоят рядом, то строятся.

Если далеко, то не строяться.

Юниты бегут к последнему зданию забывая про первое.

Edited by hackpaci

If you select two or more buildings (identical) and begin to recruit units, the units will be recruited only in one of the buildings.

The rest need to hire in the manual.

You can do that they were recruit in all selected buildings?

That is currently being worked on. The related ticket is #1210.

in the construction of the sheep in a pen, they can not be controlled.

can make it manageable?

As far as I know it is a design decision that you can not controll animals.

Use the "shift" can be put on the construction of several buildings.

If they are close, then under construction.

If far away, it is not under construction.

Units run to the last building of forgetting about the first.

There is a ticket for this too (#795).

I hope I have answered your questions.

possible to add

icon not employed workers

It already exists. The easiest way is just to press the period key . (to select female citizens and citizen soldiers, and the comma key , to select champion units, heroes and other units who only have fighting capabilities), but there is an icon next to the minimap. It looks like a hammer and is located in the top right corner above the minimap, just click it and you will be taken to the next idle working unit (which will be selected for you).

And yes, you will be able to control (some) animals. The main thing that needs to be changed for this to be possible is to add the ability for units/buildings/animals to change ownership. So that the animals "owned by" gaia (the "nature player") can change to be owned by the player.

I feel like due to 0 ad's unique worker setup we need 3 get idle unit functions: one for pure workers, one for pure fighters, and one for mixed (just citizen soldiers in practice).

I guess we could also do 4: pure fighters, any fighters, pure workers, any workers. But that will take more keys, and it's just as easy to find idle pure and then idle citizen soldiers.

I feel like due to 0 ad's unique worker setup we need 3 get idle unit functions: one for pure workers, one for pure fighters, and one for mixed (just citizen soldiers in practice).

I guess we could also do 4: pure fighters, any fighters, pure workers, any workers. But that will take more keys, and it's just as easy to find idle pure and then idle citizen soldiers.

I haven't found that to be much of an issue in practice, but if nothing else it shouldn't be too hard to e.g. add the ability to limit results of pressing the , and . keys by adding the Alt key. I.e. press , to select any fighting unit, Alt+, to select only units with fighting ability, press . to select any working unit, press Alt+. to select only units with just working abilities (female citizens, trade units, fishing ships, maybe healers, though as they are more likely to be used in a more offensive way perhaps they should be selected by the , key).

Ah, that's best: the logical elegance of 4 options, while not taking up any more keys.

And BTW, a practice situation would be this:

You have an outpost under attack, no walls but no enemy siege units. You are almost finished build a fortress with some citizen soldiers. You want to finish building that fortress so you can protect your archers, but defend your citizen soldiers at all cost.

You love defends. Walls and towers everywhere, but you haven't really bothered to build an army. Your enemy sends some siege units, thankfully mostly undefended. You need to kill those seige engines ASAP before the rest of the army shows up, but don't want to stop food production because you are going to need an army fast.