Game Lag (when late in game)

BramKaandorp

Not sure how to post this, I just decided to go for it.

This is basically the standard problem where the game either becomes slow, choppy or fluent but with major freezes in between movement parts.

I included the profile.txt as an attachment.

I hope it helps.

Details of my PC:

-Computer-

Processor : 4x Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

Memory : 3348MB (719MB used)

Operating System : Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

-Display-

Resolution : 1920x1080 pixels

OpenGL Renderer : Unknown

X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation

-Multimedia-

Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA Intel

-Video Card-

VGA compatible controller : nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9500 GT] (rev a1)

So far for the info. I really love the game so far, and I have high hopes for the future. Keep up the good work.

profile.txt

Edited by BramKaandorp

Welcome to the 0ad forum.

Your report seams to be the known issue posted in this topic as it says:

'Lag

The game does not run as fast as we would like. Late in the game you will probably experience some lag, this is caused by a mixture of things, AI and pathfinding are big ones. One thing that can be helpful is giving us the profiler information, if you hit Shift-F11 this will be dumped into a file (location given at the top of the screen), the contents of which are useful for working out where the lag is coming from so please upload.'

Maybe more hardware related information will be posted by other's more into it. As fare as I know multi core threading is not widely available throughout the games functionality.

Welcome to the 0ad forum.

Your report seams to be the known issue posted in this topic as it says:

'Lag

The game does not run as fast as we would like. Late in the game you will probably experience some lag, this is caused by a mixture of things, AI and pathfinding are big ones. One thing that can be helpful is giving us the profiler information, if you hit Shift-F11 this will be dumped into a file (location given at the top of the screen), the contents of which are useful for working out where the lag is coming from so please upload.'

Maybe more hardware related information will be posted by other's more into it. As fare as I know multi core threading is not widely available throughout the games functionality.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I knew about the FAQ, but I didn't know where to upload my profile.txt file.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I knew about the FAQ, but I didn't know where to upload my profile.txt file.

It would be a good idea to provide somewhere where people could upload their files. The FAQ is pretty new so we haven't got the details sorted out properly.

Thanks for uploading yours. I took a look at it and it says that it is taking 34.251 msec/frame which should give you a solid 30fps. Is this profile report from a time when the game was lagging?

It would be a good idea to provide somewhere where people could upload their files. The FAQ is pretty new so we haven't got the details sorted out properly.

Thanks for uploading yours. I took a look at it and it says that it is taking 34.251 msec/frame which should give you a solid 30fps. Is this profile report from a time when the game was lagging?

The problem is, I can't make a snapshot (is that the right word?) when it lags, or at least that's what it looks like. I'll try it again shortly.

ETA: Included.

profile.txt

Edited by BramKaandorp

Thanks, this one is more interesting. Could you give a few more details, I would like to know the game version, what map and how many AI's.

I use "Ides of March", the map is "Giant" IIRC (but the delay also happens on tiny maps when enough units are on the map), and I have 170 units on my side.

I get this from a specific saved game, which I saved for the purpose of getting data, after it got slow. That's why I don't know the specific data of how I set it up.

I use "Ides of March", the map is "Giant" IIRC (but the delay also happens on tiny maps when enough units are on the map), and I have 170 units on my side.

I get this from a specific saved game, which I saved for the purpose of getting data, after it got slow. That's why I don't know the specific data of how I set it up.

Thanks, this is helpful. I am working on some changes to the AI which I hope will improve this.