Alpha X Name Suggestions

MishFTW

Keep in mind it must begin with J, and be related to the ancient world.

My suggestions:

• Juktas (pronounced YOOK-tas) Close to ancient city of Knossos, and said to be the face of Zeus
  • Jason (and the Argonauts)
  • Juno
  • Jupiter / Jove
  • Janus (two faced Roman god of doors... technically Ianus)

And the less known ones:
  • Juturna (Roman goddess of fountains)
  • Japetus (technically Iapetus); a Titan and father to Prometheus and Epimetheus

Jhelum ( or Hydaspes). This is a battle of Alexander the Great against the Indians of Porus.

Jhelum is the name of the river front of the battle.

This battle is well-known because there was the massive fight between the macedonians phalangites and the war indian elephants.

Alexander finally won the battle using is cavalery "the companions" ans the phalangites "Pezhaiteroi".

i say, for the humor factor, that we should call it Jesus and include an editor-only hero unit of Jesus (no attack, but huge morale boosts and healing powers) ;)

if we want to be more serious, though, then i say either Jupiter/Jove or Janus

Edited by oshron

The current game design is meant to be focused on the period from 500 BC to 1 BC, so Jesus just misses out :(. (Also it's meant to be based on real history, not on largely fictional representations of people, so mystical healing powers would probably be inappropriate :P)

but there WERE jews, and jerusalem DID exist at the time AND was known to many ancient peoples, including the romans and the persians, who had each come to control it at the respective heights of their power

though Jericho is another good choice. i say Jericho only if a working wall system is implemented; otherwise, Jerusalem (or Janus or Jupiter if the design team doesn't like Jerusalem; "Janus" would probably work best if there was a focus on buildings since he was the god of doorways and gates)

Edited by oshron

Juggernaut, Jugurtha.

Jugurtha, would be perfect, especially considering all of the Numidian units that are in the game. He's also neither obscure nor famous.

Another Numidian possibility would by Juba II. He ends his life outside the 0 AD limit, but is a pretty interesting person.

Edited by demon_llama

If next release will have implemented a simplified wall construction this one could be fine. Jericho: an ancient city with the strongest walls according to the Bible.

XD

Personally i dont like 'Ides of March' ,the last alpha name.I think this had to be in latin. Only my opinion, All that matters is the game itself!!

We need to know the big new features than the team focussed and propose an perfect name.

Regards

Edited by gadox13