trouble getting the game to work

oshron

so, yeah, i downloaded and installed alpha 9 the other day, but the game keeps crashing pretty quickly. here's a screencap of the notice i keep getting when it does:

0aderror.jpg

that screencap was from an attempted run of a random map. random maps are the only aspect of gameplay that ive gotten to work; scenarios crash before they even finish loading, and teh random maps are so laggy that, even if it DIDNT crash, itd be nigh unplayable. the map editor seems to work best (though ive only run it twice so far) but that one crashed in one of those sessions, too

any help on this?

EDIT: i was just in the map editor and it crashed again as well. here's a screencap of that as well (i didnt check to see if there were any differences between the messages)

0aderror2.jpg

Edited by oshron

ill see what i can do. luckily i never have anything to do on saturdays until 9pm when my anime comes on ;)

EDIT: okay, ive got the folder up now, but which file is it, specifically? (i dont go into such folders often so i have no idea)

Edited by oshron

ill see what i can do. luckily i never have anything to do on saturdays until 9pm when my anime comes on ;)

EDIT: okay, ive got the folder up now, but which file is it, specifically? (i dont go into such folders often so i have no idea)

The file with the .dmp extension (though the interestinglog.html and system_info.txt can probably be useful as well, so you could add them as well :) ).

The file with the .dmp extension (though the interestinglog.html and system_info.txt can probably be useful as well, so you could add them as well :) ).

im honestly not sure how to access the .dmp file (i can see it in there, but it doesnt recognize the program needed to view it correctly; it may be because the comp im using for this is pretty old), but here's system_info:

(generated 2012-03-17 19:26:37 UTC)

CPU : x86, Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz (1x1x1), 2.79 GHz
Memory : 510 MiB; 267 MiB free
Graphics Card : Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller;
OpenGL Drivers : 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396; ialmgicd.dll (6.14.10.3762), iglicd32.dll (6.14.10.4396)
Video Mode : 1024x768:32
Sound Card : SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio; Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device;
Sound Drivers :

OpenGL Extensions:
GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_ARB_point_parameters
GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
GL_ARB_texture_compression
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
GL_ARB_texture_env_add
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ARB_vertex_program
GL_ARB_window_pos
GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_blend_color
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_EXT_blend_minmax
GL_EXT_blend_subtract
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_EXT_cull_vertex
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
GL_EXT_fog_coord
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_rescale_normal
GL_EXT_secondary_color
GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1
GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
GL_NV_blend_square
GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
GL_WIN_swap_hint

SMBIOS:

and what came up with interestinglog:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/skins/structural/hele_bireme.dds"

(i think this one literally just came up a few minutes ago, though; i was just looking at stuff in the editor, clicked on that bireme, and the notice came up in-game. the bireme had a flat magenta texture

Edited by oshron

You can attach it straight to the forum in a reply. :) "Click To Attach Files."

He couldn't before as the Help & Feedback forum didn't have those privileges (it seems to have become somewhat of a bug report forum for people who aren't aware of the official bug reports forum, but it wasn't intended for that in the beginning so thus attaching files wasn't enabled for ordinary members), I've added those privileges now though :)

You can attach it straight to the forum in a reply. :) "Click To Attach Files."

im no noob to message boards, but i am to this one since im mostly just here for discussion :P thanks for telling me. and of course, i cant find the darn thing >.< im just an idiot :P here's one from an external service (i hope it works)

http://www.fileupyours.com/view/322173/logs.zip

EDIT: feneur must have posted while i was still typing before; no wonder i couldnt find it! XP

Edited by oshron

Thanks! The crash is occurring in an OpenGL call in the terrain renderer, looks very similar to this. It's a long shot, but I don't suppose there are newer graphics drivers available for your Intel 82865G? At any rate, integrated Intel graphics will have terrible performance, you could always consider upgrading to a discrete card :) I don't know if we're doing anything wrong to trigger this crash.