Known Problems (Please read before posting)

quantumstate

1 minute ago, Servo said:

@Lion.Kanzenthanks Lion but I used to post using my iPhone. I haven't registered or do I need to just to post anything in the forum using my pc?! Anyhow I will do that so I can have better screenshots to post whenever I need to however hard it is to navigate or use a pc. 

Not sure what you mean by "I haven't registered" as you obviously have registered an account here to be able to post in the first place =) Don't you have an internet connection for your computer? (Though I guess you must have if you have downloaded the game :unsure: )

Either way, as long as you find the image on your computer (on Windows it's in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\My Games\0ad\screenshots , I'm not sure exactly where it is located on a Mac/linux, but https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths should give a hint where to start looking :) ) it should be really easy to get it into the post, either drog them from an open file browser window onto the "Drag files here to attach" area that appears underneath the box where you write your post, or click on the "choose files" linked text right next to that and navigate to the image :) 

• Like 2

@feneur thanks! Honestly I'm pc or gadget novice. I thought that if I buy nice PCs and accessories I will be fine in gaming (ex no lag, nice video/sound etc) :rolleyes: but it's not the case since high end things need more knowledge to make it work better. What I mean was re-register and unfortunately I'm dealing with lots of password resets nowadays. 

Now that OS X is so nice (compared to windows 10 imho/experience) and downloading the Alpha directly was so easy i can play much better without issue so far x1 speed with around 800 units (4players) in very large map. If I want to I can easily play multiplayer either joining or hosting too! I hope my issue won't recurr when I'm in (serious) multiplayer team game and if ever I could just do what Itms said about that key or will try to play with it when I play the game today.

btw I saw that same thing in the beginning of sergiudragoons video posted by someone about unlimited houses.

Thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hi,
I downloaded the game yesterday and played the tutorial. I come through but  I had to things double,  example the part after you bild the  farm . Text says in kind of " let´s  wait until the 2 women have built the 2 houses to the end" . They were  finished before the start of this text. I can´t go on until  I built another house to go on, normal it should go on by itself I assume . Same case with the fields and  the time were I should kill the Goats with the rider I've already done that , I'm glad to have found one where else , would all be dead before I can´t go on and must start  again . Not bad but disturbing/ upsetting . ( I'm assuming that you have the latest version of the game when you download it. I don´t now for sure, is my first time, the testing )

Maybe after a certain time you can just make the button that goes on to the next text?

Which I wanted to say to the Swastika, in germay  one is very strict forbidden, nazi signs and what has to do with it.  We have a kind authority/ office for Gams to look and check for something like dis.  They will write to you and say that you have to change the Swastika in the German version in order to sell it in Germany.  Or it may not be allowed If you refuses.  Provided they find it . The are also control from which age it is suitable, so  there fore look very closely.
It was already changed many games because of something like that.:excl:

Isn't a Nazi symbol. Is a Hindu symbol. And is complete different from Nazism symbol.

The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is an ancient religious icon used in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a symbol of spiritual principles and values.[2][3][4] In the Western world, it was historically a symbol of auspiciousness and good luck,[5] but in the 1930s it became the main feature of Nazi symbolism as an emblem of Aryan race identity, and as a result it has become stigmatized in the West by association with ideas of racism, hate and mass murder.[5][6]

IMG_7611.PNG

This is the Nazi Swastika, more accurately referred to as the “Hakenkreuz”.

The difference is obvious. The Hindu Swastika is curved at the ends and less geometrical(for lack of a better word) than its Nazi counterpart(to be pedantic the Hindu one also has dots in between the arms).

In terms of significance, the two can’t be farther apart. The word Swastika is derived from the Sanskrit words Su(good) and Asti(fortune). So it basically denotes prosperity. It can also be used to represent Lord Surya’s(the sun god) chariot.

On the other hand, the Nazi Hakenkreuz signifies the pure Aryan race of blonde, blue-eyed Germans. Hitler “stole” the Swastika, and perverted it for his own ends.

I always shame when someone refers to a Hakenkreuz as a Swastika and I hope this settles the matter once and for all.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Indian-swastika-sign-and-the-Nazi-swastika-sign

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 3

I have seen a 2000 year old swastika from Kush, 800 year old Swastikas from Christian Rock Churches in Lalibela (Ethiopia) and Swastikas from my own people (Akan people, from Ghana), dating anywhere from 1400 to 1720 AD, so even in Africa it has been used significantly, long before Hitler... 

Spoiler

Swastika from Kush, Sudan c. 270BCE - 350AD:

images-2.jpeg.eb1c16200a821ae5df379c2e082c80d4.jpeg

Swastikas from Lalibela, Ethiopia, ca. 1181–1221 AD

images-1.jpeg.dc6f7ebf3b6b2466d041cba1c41f6be8.jpeg

ethiopia165.jpg.297437c797ed3f7ecc2dff8d26066356.jpg

Swastikas from the Akan people, Ghana, c. 1400 - 1720 AD

Unknown.jpeg.90999051d601031daef6cda83ec7eb1c.jpeg

weights.jpg.33edb89e31f30415c403baa784b889f8.jpg

GhanaSwastika.jpg.3e9ee6a13e1cb4bb4fffcd4154c7beb0.jpg

0AD is a historical RTS, and the Swastika was, and remains an important symbol in Buddhism and Hinduism, so you shouldn't associate with Nazism at all in this context.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Swastika it's a easy symbol to draw, so different cultures have probably came to the same design independently. This game it's an opportunity to detach the symbol of Nazism, and taking into account that the symbol have rounded ends and four points, maybe it can be shown in Germany.

If the in-game encyclopedia it's similar to the AoM design, with internal links ( @s0600204 it would be?), swastika could have a dedicated entry to explain this.

But maybe someone can answer the guy's other question: "I wanted to ask how long there is the tutorial in the game?" 

I don't actually know myself... :P 

Also: "If the in-game encyclopedia it's similar to the AoM design, with internal links ( @s0600204 it would be?), swastika could have a dedicated entry to explain this." Definitely, to avoid any confusion...

Edited by Sundiata

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for the game! Playing it is a great pleasure for me! ... well, at least after watching a couple of videos how to survive first 15 min ...;) (Thanks Alekusu, sphyrth ... !!!)

My questions/comments:

1) "cupturing" wild animals (e.g. gaia elephants) is not implemente yet, right? But it is written in the factions webpage, Mauryans civ profile ... !?

2) I would like to diskuss the might of siege rams. Is this already diskussed somewhere or is this here the right place?

3) I enjoy the game only at low speed  ... 0.25-0.5x in the beginning, during game 0.75x ... maybe this is an importent suggestion for newbies? ( ... otherwise I end up in chaos, which might be characteristically for war scenarios, but I dont like it ...)

• Like 2

@Lion.Kanzen: thanks for the response

to 1) I wondered if it would be easyer to just delete the text from the factions webpage than implementing this feature. It is a kind of funny but not relevant for the game. But when I read it I'm going to search for it in in the game ... unsuccessfully.

to 3) it was just an advice to mention/highlight this option in the new tutorial ... that newcomers are not frustrated to much. The AI plays very nice but is quite tough ... for me the "easy"-option just means "later".

• 8 months later...

So I've looked about the forum, and the roadmap at trac.wildfiregames.com. What I haven't (beyond a very old thread in project governance that had no discussion) is a list of things wfg wants finished before moving out of alpha stage. I think perhaps that would be a good thing to make public, especially since its rather playable in it's current state.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Notsonoble said:

So I've looked about the forum, and the roadmap at trac.wildfiregames.com. What I haven't (beyond a very old thread in project governance that had no discussion) is a list of things wfg wants finished before moving out of alpha stage. I think perhaps that would be a good thing to make public, especially since its rather playable in it's current state.

You mean public in social media?