Known Problems (Please read before posting)

quantumstate

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, new to forum posting and was brought here by the new main menu page for 'known issues'. The Champion train time has, in my game experience, significantly been increased now that I've updated to the new game version. Not sure if this is intended or an error with Ulysses. Feedback would be good to know if this is a fault or an intentional choice designed to alter tactics. So far I've found it very frustrating, and the average time played in the game has also increased because both I and AI are waiting so long for our champions to train before attacking. 

Edited by Hazellena

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/03/2013 at 5:07 PM, Mythos_Ruler said:

Some random maps still seed the chickens to inside the Civ Centre obstruction zone. This definitely needs fixed.

Also trees get created inside walls when playing Iberians.  (Or is it that the walls get placed after the trees were placed?)

• 3 months later...

Now I'm even enjoying the game more on Mac OSX than windows 10. It's either the screen is big or the game really works better in OSX than in windows?! So far it seems no big problem at all but will try in faster speed (beyond .5x later). Before the version goes to 22 I would like to share some bugs or maybe code error or something. 

1. Units or some unit types formations won't automatically break formations or ranks until ordered individually. Normally I use line formation but when I put to no formations to perform some task they couldn't break ranks thereby path finding malfunctions occur. Could it be because it stayed very long on a previous formation that they could hardly break ranks? Breaking ranks can make the units do more like marching in single file passing through narrow passes or doing some combat individually.

2. Some or maybe all ranged units (including bolt shooter)on stand ground formation won't won't fire even if enemies are within sight. I think this happens only after a couple minute of lull in the fight. Bolt shooters are prevalent to not fire.  I have to click back on the formation/s then they will commence firing again.

3. Previously some water turned into black when you start or reload a game. This happened on windows 10

1. Units or some unit types formations won't automatically break formations or ranks until ordered individually. Normally I use line formation but when I put to no formations to perform some task they couldn't break ranks thereby path finding malfunctions occur. Could it be because it stayed very long on a previous formation that they could hardly break ranks? Breaking ranks can make the units do more like marching in single file passing through narrow passes or doing some combat individually

Formation aren't fully implementated, is very known issue.

2. Some or maybe all ranged units (including bolt shooter)on stand ground formation won't won't fire even if enemies are within sight. I think this happens only after a couple minute of lull in the fight. Bolt shooters are prevalent to not fire.  I have to click back on the formation/s then they will commence firing again.

Is supposed the fire bolt first is disarmed, later is mounted, load the  missile and fire.

3- this probably need a new topic, but I'm not sure if is related to " red water bug"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Servo said:

There is a reported problem for packable ranged siege engine (without formation).

Perhaps your problem is only that one, perhaps it's another one. Perhaps it's both.

• Like 1

Recently I was able to try a couple of multiplayer games on OS X and really worked fine. Wasn't able to succeed going into multiplayer with windows 10 but probably because of installation issue. 

I had this issue which I think I accidentally press a key and the error message occurs with blue highlights covering almost half the screen. Idk what key I accidentally press and what to do when this happens. I think on windows I did manipulate my mouse arrow and the blue color slowly move up and away. 

I was playing multiplayer with OS X and no matter what I do the blue thing won't disappear. 

15 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

I don't know, this one has dots and curved branches, and technically cross like this refered to the sun but @Itms might want to consider removing it yes.

It's an ancient symbol, so I don't really see why it should be removed (especially not when it's so clearly different from the Nazi one). If the game had been set in the modern world I'd say it'd have been best to not include that kind of symbol, but given that it's appropriate given the time and geographical location I think it's fine to keep it. Might be useful to educate people on its varied history though :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Servo said:

I had this issue which I think I accidentally press a key and the error message occurs with blue highlights covering almost half the screen. Idk what key I accidentally press and what to do when this happens. I think on windows I did manipulate my mouse arrow and the blue color slowly move up and away.

This is the console, that we never use, even for developing, and which is likely to be removed in the future. The key to make it appear (or disappear) is the one on top of Tab, left to the 1 (it is ² on French keyboards, not sure about other layouts).

Regarding the swastika it is a shame it was used by Nazis. Other beautiful symbols, like the Norse runes Sigel and Odal, were twisted the same way.

• Like 4